Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Have you ever been insecure in your decisions?

Have you ever…

Wondered why the best intentions slip into the abyss before you blink?

I had planned a whole new blog series... but I just don’t have the time to make it happen. And suddenly I find it's a month since I’ve posted here.

Have you ever…

Blinked and realised a whole month had passed and you don’t have anything to show for it?

My hubby has recently started hanging out with an accountability group. They meet every Monday and keep each other accountable in their relative businesses. I’m starting to think that I need to have that for my writing. Days and nights of crazy busy life intrude in my writing time. But I’m sure if I was more disciplined, I’d find more time.

Have you ever…

Shown thankfulness for the moments you take to breathe and enjoy life?

My baby turns 7 today. While I home school three of our children, I am blessed to spend most days and nights with her. She has been such a bundle of joy in our home!

Have you ever…

Found life is filled with seasons that really do change?

I have been noticing my season of parenthood is taking another turn. Though our four darlings aren’t as hands-on-needy anymore, they make up for it in conversation and drive time. I am the taxi mumma!

Have you ever…

Changed your schedule but found it still doesn’t fit?

For a few years 7pm was my study or writing time, but as the kids get older, they have more conversational needs and simply don’t go to bed early! So I have pushed back my writing time to 8 or sometimes 9pm and go through to 11pm. But by the time they go to bed, I’m distracted.

Have you ever…

Fit in all there was to cram into life?

If you have ... I’d love to know your secrets… 

8 comments:

  1. With no children, I have never felt so blessed, but we do have Bobby. A dog who looks like a bear. :)

    If you'd like accountability for your writing, you might want to try ROW80-round of words in 80 days (Google it) for up to twice weekly accountability, for three rounds of 80 days a year. :)

    Best of luck fitting it all in. I never met anyone who couldn't use a fe more hours a day. :)

    Here for #IWSG
    shahwharton.com
    X :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard of ROW80 .. but I do wonder if I need something a little more personal than just throwing it out there. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I'm a member of an accountability group, and it helps a lot.

    IWSG #179 until Alex culls the list again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. I do think I need to follow through on that thought :D xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog.
    Someone said the road to hell is paved with good intentions:) I don't believe that. I'm proud of my good intentions even if I don't have the time to act on them. They give me something to strive for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I have felt like this! Especially my changing role as a mother these days. It is hard to fit everything in and to fulfil all the roles we have to fill in life whilst still finding time to write and sleep. Thanks for visiting my blog, good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always feels like I'm accomplishing nothing, even if I work all day. But then I realize that I don't look back at what I DID accomplish in a day. All I do is beat myself up over what I didn't get done. So maybe the key is to celebrate what we're able to get done and not focus so much on all the items left on our to-do lists?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....