Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Have Joined the Insecure Writer's Support Group!

For more information about #IWSG please visit Alex J. Cavanaugh 
         

Why have I joined the Insecure Writer's Support Group? 

Because at times I get a little insecure and any support is welcomed! 


Recently I celebrated the launch of my paperbacks at a local library. 
The brain pain I went through leading up to the day is something I never want to repeat again. 

I love a good party.
But I don't like to organise the stuff. 
(my hubby pictured to my right was the most awesome MC)

I love to hang out with people.
But feel a little heartbroken when people don't want to celebrate with me.



I love to write books.
But I don't love asking people to purchase them.

Authorly friends... Andrea Grigg and Julieann Wallace

I love holding these two new babies in my hand.
But I don't like to ask for help. 


Amongst all of the things I love and don't love ... I am glad I asked these two in the above pic to share a few words. 
Thanks Michelle and Julieann for making my day a whole lot more special! 

And if you asked the very insecure writer inside of me would I host another book launch... the answer would be no! 
But if I could launch a book with one or two friends, then I'd think about it. 

Celebrating with friends is always more fun. 

 




12 comments:

  1. Yayy!! Congrats and Welcome on joining our beloved group! I'm sure you will find some very inspiring posts and meet some very amazing people hopping through some of these blogs. I know I have.

    Congratulations on your book releases too. That must've been one heck of an exciting experience. My goal is to have one of my works published this year also, even if it one of my short stories.

    Have a fantastic day, and again, welcome to the IWSG! Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eva, looking forward to seeing you get your first piece published. Xx

      Delete
  2. Welcome, Michelle! Great blog, I really enjoyed the pictures and congratulations on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful party, too bad it was so stressful. Welcome to IWSG and congrats on your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had my first book signing. It is really nerve-wracking! I don't like to ask people to buy my book either:) So nice to see your hubby on board with your writing career. It really does make a difference. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the IWSG!
    I'm not a fan of launch parties either. I don't do well in front of a crowd. Awesome your husband really helped out. Looks like you had a lot of people.
    Congratulations on the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I don't like crowds or being put on the spot.

    Welcome to the group! Love your blog background. :)
    IWSG #184 until Alex culls the list again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new release. That's wonderful! I'm a bit iffy with crowds (and nerves!) as well, so I applaud you for making it through that. Welcome to the IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're brave holding a book launch at your public library! I'd agree that sharing a book launch would have to be easier and more fun! (and not quite so scary!) Congrats on your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the IWSG!!
    Looks like your launch went really well. It is always hard to ask for help, but it's also wonderful when that help comes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate asking people to buy my books too. Promotion is tough. Writing is way more fun. ;) But promotion is part of the job, so we do it, right?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....