Saturday, March 1, 2014

Introducing ... Cheryl Colwell

~ Author Spotlight ~

It is my absolute pleasure to host Cheryl Colwell on my blog today. And guess what ... she is also playing FIVE FAVOURITES!  I do hope you are all enjoying the 5 favourites series. I am loving getting to know these authors a little better. Keep reading for your chance to win!

Here are Cheryl's ...
*Favourite foods – Right now, I am enjoying Indian foods like Tandoori chicken and yellow curry vegetable stirfry. I have been on the South Beach diet for awhile (and lost 15 pounds!) so the unusual, highly seasoned flavors give my taste buds a treat instead of the same ol' thing.
Favourite colours – Shades of yellow. I am a sunshine girl from California and feel happy in the soft golden glow of my home.
* Favourite authors – Francine Rivers, James Rubart
Favourite pastimes – writing, traveling, art, gardening
Favourite places - Tuscany, Italy; Solvang, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Lake Tahoe, CA; Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

This month, Cheryl is launching her novel The Proof.
Here's the blurb...  Shrouded in mystery, a precious relic known as Il Testamento, or The Proof, circulated among the early Christians for centuries. Before their deaths, its guardians hid it from their adversaries, leaving only a crude map of its location. 
For centuries, it lay in darkness. Until now. Reports of its existence have resurfaced, inciting an ancient rivalry between a ruthless group that seeks to destroy it, and a secret association that lusts for its power. 
Summoned to Siena by a grandfather he has never met, Gabriel Dolcini is thrust into a dark maze of danger. And into his divine destiny.




Cheryl Colwell began writing fiction in 2007. True to her tagline, "Stunning Suspense," her characters visit stunning locations while they pursue adventurous quests peppered with mystery, suspense, and romance. Cheryl likes to think of her stories as "cozy" suspense - less thriller and more relational.

Passionate about all things creative, Cheryl finds inspiration in the countryside of Ashland, Oregon -  the perfect venue for her interests in writing, gardening, and art. 

John, her husband, best friend, and chiropractor, keeps her in shape for gardening and writing long into the night. They are delighted to have four unique and talented children and three grandchildren. A smart and playful English Shepherd makes their empty nest a happy place. 

Books by Cheryl...
The Proof, published 2014 by Inspired Fiction Books
The Secrets of the Montebellis, published 2013 by Inspired Fiction Books

Cheryl blogs at...  inspiredfictionbooks.com

7 comments:

  1. The Proof sounds fascinating. I'm picking up my copy next. Blessing on your launch. Keep on writing for the Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading The Proof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I loved playing '5 Favorites." It triggered many happy thoughts. Thank you for hosting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fascinating. So many books to read, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Proof sounds fantastic! And I love Indian food, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing a great job!
    The book spines tantalise me; I want to know what they are!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....