Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Introducing ... Martin Roth

~ Aussie Author Spotlight ~ 

Let me introduce you to, Martin. This week he's launching his novel and to celebrate, you can enter a competition to win a $200 Amazon voucher. HERE 
I asked Martin if he could hang around to play Five Favourites so make sure you read right to the bottom to learn a little more about the amazing author. 

Martin Roth is a veteran journalist and foreign correspondent whose reports from Asia have appeared in leading publications around the world, including the Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun and The Guardian. He is the author of many books. His Brother Half Angel international thrillers focus on the persecuted church. They feature Brother Half Angel, an abrasive former military man who heads a clandestine new military order that is dedicated to fighting for the rights of persecuted Christians around the world. He lives in Australia with his Korean wife and three sons.



Brother Half Angel is the leader of a secret new church military order, dedicated to helping Christians under attack around the world. In this book, the first in the Brother Half Angel series, he is dispatched urgently to China, where an underground seminary is under siege from fanatical sword-wielding members of a local cult who still pay homage to the bloodthirsty extremists who tried to expel all foreigners from China in the nineteenth century.


Favourite foods – I lived in Tokyo for 17 years and love anything Japanese, so long as it is not still wriggling (which in Japan it occasionally is).

Favourite colours – I’m a pretty conservative guy, not flashy, so I prefer somewhat subdued colours. Nothing too bright.

* Favourite authors – I write mysteries and thrillers and enjoy reading them too. Raymond Chandler is the master. He wrote some of the classics of the genre, like “The Big Sleep” and “Farewell My Lovely.” And recently a Scottish friend left Melbourne, Australia (where I live) and has moved with his family back to the UK. Before he went he gave me his collection of Ian Rankin detective mysteries, and I’m reading the series now. They’re great – excellent writing, marvelous characters and a gritty, very atmospheric Edinburgh locale. 

Favourite pastimes – I love art (viewing it that is, and studying art history – I can’t draw to save my life). Here in Melbourne we are blessed with a very fine art gallery, which I enjoy visiting. I also have a strange addiction to what is know as “world music” - pop music from Africa, Latin America and other places. Often when I’m at my computer I’m engrossed in listening to strange music from Mali or Brazil or somewhere else exotic.

Favourite places – as I said, I lived in Tokyo for 17 years and I just love the city. It’s been said that when you’re in Paris or Rome you feel like you’re living in the past, when you’re in New York you feel like you’re living in the present and when you’re in Tokyo you feel like you’re living in the future. It’s a very exciting place.

Thank you so much, Martin for visiting my blog today.


Make sure you all head over HERE and enter the Rafflecopter to WIN 

6 comments:

  1. Martin sounds like a very interesting author and he certainly sounds like he's had a varied an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring me - Martin Roth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this. I love the 5 fav things, Michelle! Wishing you much success, Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The series brings back memories of the Left Behind series. Scary. Tear-jerking. And yes, convicting. Excellent idea, Martin. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....