Monday, December 9, 2013

Introducing ...Carole Brown

~ Author Spotlight ~ 

As I mentioned last week, I’m participating in a group book launch this month. It’s super fun and crazy busy. Also participating in this launch is, Carole Brown. I thought it would be fun to invite her over here to my blog and ask her to play my favourite little game of Five Favourites… 


Favourite foods:  fruits, veggies, and well done steak and chicken, ice cream, and home-made goodies

Favourite coloursI love combinations like:  blues and greens, orange shades and browns, black and dark reds

Favourite authors: I love old time mystery writers like Dorothy Gillman, Mary Higgins Clark, Lillian Jackson Braun, Agatha Christie, and Elizabeth Peters and I love writers like Dean Koontz, Steven James, Patterson (on certain books), Dick Francis, Robert Parker, and Clive Cussler. But I also adore excellent classics like Pride and Prejudice, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, and Doctor Zhivago. To round out my selection I still love many children’s stories that I adored as a child and beyond with my own sons: The Velveteen Rabbit, Black Beauty, The Black Stallion series, Hardy and Nancy Drew books, The Five Little Peppers, and many, many more!

Favourite past times:  Being with family and my husband tops everything. I can’t think of a more wonderful opportunity then to blend with them and enjoy the antics, past memories and fun games and meals.

My husband and I also enjoy brainstorming and plotting novels together, both for children and adults. We love reading together and separately, long walks, dining out, a dinner show now and then, music, our hot tub and fireplace.


Favourite places: Some of the states that are my favorite places to visit include: Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington state, and the New England states. There are so many wonderful places we’ve visited that it’s hard to pick just a few. Thankful for the privilege of seeing so much of America! The statue of Liberty in New York; the Hershey Factory and the Sight and Sound Theatres in Lancaster, Pennsylvania are fun and inspiring visits well worth your time. We’ve enjoyed many caves throughout the southern states including Mammoth, underground lakes, and Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico along with the White Sands. Tennessee is one of our favorite all-around fun places to go with family. Whether spending nights in hotels or cabins, it’s always a blast of laughter and great times. Closer home we have the LaComedia Theatre palace, caverns, parks, historical sights, museums including the Creation Museum, zoos, etc.

I can’t go on, there’s just too many. But it’s been a real blessing to share them with my family and some friends and now our grandsons.

  
Thank you, Michelle, for hosting me on your site. {You are so very welcome Carole. Thanks for coming!}

And to help us celebrate the launch of this book, make sure you visit HERE for your chance to win a $200 Amazon voucher. 


Carol's Book...

How far would YOU go to avenge a daughter’s cruel death? Cara is considered rebellious and inappropriate to befriend. Dayne is the apple of Elder Simmons’ eye—until he takes a stand against their teachings. Can his prayers and love reach Cara and show her the way to redemption? Will Cara realize God’s love and forgiveness before she goes too far?

The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman is a novel of hope shining through the darkness with strong elements of suspense and romance. This novel was a semifinalist in the Genesis contest and is receiving raving reviews! Now available from the Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, an ACFW approved publisher. 

Besides being a member and active participant of many writing groups, Carole Brown enjoys mentoring beginning writers. She loves to weave suspense and tough topics into her books, along with a touch of romance and whimsy, and is always on the lookout for outstanding titles and catchy ideas. She and her husband reside in SE Ohio but have ministered and counseled nationally and internationally. Together, they enjoy their grandsons, traveling, gardening, good food, the simple life, and did she mention their grandsons?


Connect with her here:


I also am part of several other blogs:
Geezers Guys and Gals:  http://geezerguysandgals.blogspot.com/
Barn Door Book Loft: http://www.barndoorbookloft.net/

4 comments:

  1. I highly recommend this book. I couldn't put it down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, kind Michelle, for hosting me. I appreciate it so much! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Carole is having a hard time choosing a color! I liked her book list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....