Sunday, August 18, 2013

Introducing ... Julieann Wallace





~An Aussie Review~


I have just finished The Book Keeper... Julieann's first published novel. Here's the blurb from Goodreads...
The book is writing itself as we speak....
A mysterious book appears and must be returned to the Keeper. As boy meets girl to exchange the aged leather embossed book, their destinies are sealed. But she holds a secret that will change his life, and his secret will end hers.... 

My thoughts... This is a gripping page turning story with multiple unpredictable twists. I love when a book keeps me guessing right to the end - and this one did exactly that. This is Julieann's first published novel and at times the writer/editor in me wanted to critique... but once the storyline grabbed my attention, my internal editor ended up going to sleep.





I asked Julieann to hang around and play
Five Favourites 
after I read her book
and this is what she said...

Favourite food ...
My favourite food would have to be mangoes in the summertime, and chocolate as I am the Chocolate Monster!

Favourite colour...
Cerulean......mmmmmm

Favourite author ...
This is a tough one to answer, there are so many amazing authors around - would have to say God firstly, then Darlene Zschech (my cousin) with her Daily Devotions - Revealing Jesus, and at the moment I am really enjoying the fiction of Liane Moriarty.

Favourite pastimes ...
Being in amongst nature, and looking at the creation of beauty and being inspired by it, drawing and painting, listening to music - mostly classical with cello....

Favourite places ...

Oooh - the beach, I love the beach, and the snow, and walking in rainforests. I also love old churches with their amazing stained glass panels that tell of the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Thank you so much for playing my game today Julieann. I can't wait to read more of your work!

Julieann Wallace - Writer, Illustrator, Author

You can connect with Julieann on Facebook or Amazon



7 comments:

  1. Darlene Zschech is your cousin??? Wow!!!!

    And I love a book that keeps me guessing- this sounds just up my alley-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great review. I'll have to check out the book. It was nice to meet the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome story. :-)

    Like you, I also struggle with shutting down my inner editor while reading. No matter who wrote the book. Another reason why I don't critic books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cerulean is such a great color!

    Glad you were able to tune out your inner editor. That's tough to do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful read. I'm a chocolate monster too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for spotlighting JulieAnn's book here. I'm going to have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book - love those unexpected twists :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....