Saturday, March 2, 2013

Online Conferences and Newsletters


Last week I tapped in to the fabulous, amazing, wonderful IndieReCon.

There was abundant information for authors in general, not just indie authors.

IndieReConLike, how to start a mailing list and how to send out newsletters. Over on the top right, you'll see a new box. All you have to do is pop your email address in and you'll receive all the new and up to date information about my novels.

I will only be sending out newsletters once a month, unless I have some ridiculously exciting news to share with you. The newsletter will also include a health and happiness section where I share on a more personal level. And I'll include my favourite reads each month.

I'm using a free service that was recommended during IndieReCon -  MailChimp . I'm not going to explain how to use it or give you a step by step, because I'm technically clueless. But I worked it out... So, if I can work it out, it must be extremely user friendly.

The other exciting thing I've done since IndieRecCon is start to post poetry from my (to be published) novel Stephanie. If you'd like to read parts of that story, they're up now on Wattpad. I plan to add a new piece each week. Wattpad is a user friendly site with loads of encouraging readers willing to read, comment and vote for your story.

And the best thing about IndieReCon... All the info is still up on their site for anyone to read!

*** 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. It's always nice when someone mentions things that work for them.

    Flash 55 - You Get What You Ask For

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific info- and I'm signing up for that newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just signed up for your newsletter, and I'm excited to take a look at your poetry. :-) IndieReCon sounds like a great service, thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up for some newsletters. I've been meaning to do one myself.

    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like great info! I'll sign up for your newsletter, and I'll have to be sure to add you on Wattpad (I just joined last week).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved IndiReCon! And you're right. They had tons of amazing info there.Can't wait for the next one.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of WriteOnCon, but not IndiReCon. I'll have to check out their site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all signed up for your newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post...I'm off to sign up for your newsletter now!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to some ridiculously exciting news for you to put in your newsletter! LOL That's great you attended and got some helpful info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome they have a conference for indie authors, since they tend to have to do so much on their own when it comes to marketing books. Thanks for the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of IndiReCon. Thanks for sharing, I love to find new resources.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting. I was not familiar with IndiReCon. It sounds pretty amazing. Thank you for all this great info!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....