Monday, January 7, 2013

Introducing ... Carol Kilgore

~Author Spotlight ~ 

Let me introduce you to one of my blogging friends Carol Kilgore... 
Carol Kilgore is an award-winning author of several published short stories and many essays and articles. Solomon’s Compass is her second novel, a blend of mystery, suspense, and romance she calls Crime Fiction with a Kiss – always at least one crime; always a love story. Carol and her Coast Guard husband live in San Antonio, Texas, with two herding dogs that like nothing better than pack time on the patio.
You can find Carol here:



Today is a very special day for Carol. She is revealing her latest book cover. But before we get to that, I asked her if she'd like to play 

FIVE FAVOURITES

so you can all get to know her a little better... and she said yes! YAY... here we go ...

Favourite foods...
Anything Mexican
Salads
Pasta
Olives
Avocados

Favourite colours...
Yellows
Greens
Reds
Oranges
Some Blues

Favourite authors...
My Blogging Buddies
Lisa Scottoline
Dr. Seuss
Lisa Gardner
David Baldacci

Favourite pastimes...
Hanging out with Live-In Handyman
Reading
Playing with our dogs
Finding treasures in little out of the way shops
Talking to friends

Favourite places...
Beaches
Mountains
New York City
Texas
Our patio 

Thanks for playing Carol, I do love how you found 5 things in each category. :) 


AND NOW.... 


Drum roll please.....


The big REVEAL.....







The death of her beloved uncle, Randy Rankin, brings US Coast Guard Commander Taylor Campbell back to Texas to take care of his estate and find out if he really did bury his treasure. Jake Solomon’s job is to make sure Rankin’s killer doesn’t set his sights on CDR Campbell. Set along the Texas Gulf Coast, SOLOMON’S COMPASS is a story of love, loyalty, and the value of keeping a promise.



Don't you just love the cover!! I can't wait to download this one when it's released on April 2nd.

Carol's work available from Amazon now... 

19 comments:

  1. hooray for Carol!! Love the idea of the 5 questions. such a great cover, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a terrific new book- thank you for spotlighting her. And since she is a fellow Texan and San Antonio one of my favorite cities, I'm all the more happy to check it out~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Michelle. It was fun playing Five Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol is getting around today! Carol, NYC is one of my favorite places too. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Carol's selection of favourite foods ;)
    Yay for Carol and her awesome book cover! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the five favorite game. So simple, yet so revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Carol on her new book release! It sounds good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the release! I liked this "guest post" and that she added five things for each question. how fun!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Carol on the dogs and beaches. Congrats on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun questions and answers with Carol! Go, Mexican food and avocados! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those faves!! Although I've never tried an avacado! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good read! Thanks, Michelle, for spotlighting Carol's book =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fantastic. I've had the opportunity to see it on a few other blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great to meet you Carol. I LOVE avocados. :) I might be a little bit late to the party, I can't see the cover. The book summary sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Carol! The cover looks intriguing! And the blurb sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Carol! I'd love to hang with you on the beach and eat tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Carol! The five game was cool. I'm a mountains and patio gal too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....