Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Introducing ... Anne Hamilton

~ Author Spotlight ~ 

Let me introduce you to another one of my in real life author friends, Anne Hamilton. I met Anne her through Omega Writers where she has positioned herself to offer support, encouragement and guidance...
Anne Hamilton, a long time writer and mathematician, has a number of publications to her name. Anne has a trilogy of short books about how maths integrates with God’s great creation called The Singing Silence The Winging Word and The Listening Land. She has just had published her 27 year project a young adult fantasy Many-Coloured Realm.

I asked Anne if she'd jump onto my blog today to play 
FIVE FAVOURITES 
so here we go...

Favourite foods - lemon syrup cake, lemon chicken, lemon lime and bitters, roast almost-anything
Favourite colours - lemon (what a surprise!) and indigo
Favourite authors - The anonymous author of the narrative poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Paul of Tarsus, John bar Zebedee, CS Lewis
Favourite pastimes - writing, reading and thinking
Favourite places - the Isle of Lewis in the Western Hebrides and Moeraki on South Island of New Zealand: the two places that I've been where just coming into the place I've felt a sense of spiritual peace


Yes! I found Moeraki the most peaceful place too. We'd love to get back to NZ South Island this year :) Thank you so much for jumping in and playing my game today Anne. 

God's Poetry - The Identity & Destiny Encoded in Your Name is on my TBR list - so I haven't written a review but another friend has written a fantastic review HERE




What’s in a name? Shakespeare said a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But is that true? Are names simply labels to be swapped around indiscriminately? Or are they more significant? God’s Poetry is about identity and destiny as well as the ancient concept of the power of names to body forth purpose and meaning. It’s also about why most of us never come into the calling prophetically breathed into what we are called.

Genre: Non Fiction





9 comments:

  1. Lemon syrup cake...sounds yummy! Great interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by names, so God's Poetry snagged my interest. I am going to read this while (hopefully) indulging in lemon syrup cake, which sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of the maths trilogy is really intriguing. And lemons!!! Meyer lemons are my fave. God's Poetry sounds like a cool book. I've always been fascinated by the nomen omen idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon fan here too! I think it's the Greek in me. Lemon features in most things we eat. Lifts the flavour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool book concept, Anne. I believe there is power in names.

    I like lemons, too. So long as they're served with lots of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon cake is a favorite of mine as well. And now that you've brought it up, I might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, lemony way to get to know Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great to meet Anne! I bet she loves Lemony Snicket too. :D
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....