Friday, December 28, 2012

Most Hit Posts

As I reflect on the year that has been, I'm checking some stats and blog posts that I've written.
I've been looking at which were the most hit and which weren't.
I thought I'd share my ten most hit blog posts in 2012 with you.



1. A Smashing Moment  A short story that came first in a competition.

2. Heart of Gold by Fiona Palmer - a book review where I posted a few thoughts on depression

3. Nanberry by Jackie French - A YA novel that looks at some fascinating Aussie history

4. Introducing Tracey Hoffmann - One of Australia/NewZealand's newest authors who released 2 books

5. Mental Illness - are you on the spectrum? A look at 3 books and some thoughts on mental illnesses

6. Come Back to Me by Sara Foster - a novel that I could not put down

7. Though The Bud be Bruised - This was a book that rocked me and changed my perspective on many things.

8. Blue Skies by Fleur McDonald - I do love a Rural Read and Fleur is one of my favourite tweeting people.

9. 2012 Challenge - I took the challenge to read books by Aussie Women - I didn't get to 6 on this list

10. If a Tree Falls?  A personal post where I ponder what we tell the world and what we keep personal.

Thank you for all of your visits and comments throughout the year. I really do appreciate the community that I have found through this blog.

As I look over the posts that people read and comment on, I'm also looking back a a few very old posts and thinking about deleting them.

How do you reflect over the year that has been?
Have you deleted many posts years after posting them?

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a post! It's very interesting to see what topics people are drawn to reading. I think I'll have to copy your idea for a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only do a little reflecting. Mostly I think about how to improve over what I reflected on. All my posts are still up, but many are minus the original photos that accompanied them due to last summer's copyright brouhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool idea - I'd be interested to see what were my top posts from this year too. My overall most popular posts often leave me confused, so this 2012 thing might as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great idea for a post - I might "borrow" this! If I do, I'll be sure to link back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet idea, Michelle. You are thinkin' outside the box. I have deleted some posts. Stories that I've posted (that I wrote) stuff like that. My entire blog is going to be deleted when I switch to WP. The hackers have made it impossible.

    Happy New Year, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I met you, Michelle. :) I should definetely look which one had more comments and work toward posting something similar. :)

    Happy New Year, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun look back on your 2012 blogging year. Here's to much fun in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following my blog...I look forward to reading your posts in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to look back! I've never deleted posts after making them public. Yet I've written ones that have never seen the light of day! Have a fantastic 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I've read a few of these, but I'll check some of them out anyway.

    I remember deleting posts from an older blog. I always felt like starting over. I haven't deleted anything from my current blog though.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice way to reflect.

    I've never deleted posts. When I've been more personal than usual, I've been tempted, but the comments make me glad I kept them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to see what the top ten posts are of a year! So far I haven't deleted a published post. I have changed a few that weren't yet published, though.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't deleted anything I've posted. Yikes, that's a lot of posts.

    Happy New Year, Michelle.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sound like some interesting posts! I'm particulary curious about the ones dealing with mental illness. I don't believe I've deleted many posts, to be honst. Maybe one or two here and there if the person it was about wanted me too (like if it was about an author, etc)

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I've deleted any after posting either. Some posts surprise me in how much interest they bring. Sometimes I can't pick it. Just when I think I've posted something lame... someone writes to say they've been moved to tears or encouraged.
    Fun to look at the stats though, isn't it?

    Blessings for the New Year.
    Dotti
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope it's a great new year for you. It's always good to go back and reflect of the prior year. I love looking back at my posts and seeing what resonated most with others.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was very intriguing to me. I've only been blogging a little over a year, so I really haven't deleted anything, although I did "unpublish" a post because an ill mannered person kept making rude remarks about it.

    I, too, like to reflect over the past year. Oddly enough, going through my old Facebook posts helped me to do that, in a better way than I imagined.

    I've read through some of your top 10 links, and I have really enjoyed my time there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's fun to look back at you most popular posts! Looks like you had some good ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....