Monday, December 10, 2012

Introducing... Skye Wieland

          ~ Author Spotlight ~ 

I'd love you to meet new author -Skye Wieland 
My Photo

I met this very lovely lady in October at a writer's getaway on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. 


Skye jumped at the chance to play ...

FIVE FAVOURITES

So lets get to know a little more about Skye ...


Favourite foods? 

I love coffee and chocolate!!! What teacher/author/woman doesn't? I also have a taste for quirky foreign foods such as South African rusks (which is not a baby teething biscuit as I once thought) but rather a lovely breakfast bar type thing that you dip in coffee.

Favourite colours?

I love many colours! Depending on my mood, I sway...when I want peace and calm, I love cool colours that are light and pastelly such as blues, aqua-marine, greens...colours that remind me of the oceans around coral reef.
When in a fun mood, I love all things vibrant, but hot pinks, reds, yellows.

Favourite authors?

I grew up loving Bryce Courtney and C.S.Lewis. As an adult, I also love a variety of genres that range from Francine Rivers, Dee Henderson and Paula Vince through to more gritty adventures by the likes of Wayne Thomas Batson.

Pastimes?

I am also an artist, majoring on oils on canvas, I love to paint and draw. I also love horse-riding and swimming...and enjoy a spot of online gaming.

Favourite places?

While I'd love to travel more extensively, my favourite places to hang out are the solitude of the bush, up on a hill with a view, or cruising around with my snorkelling gear on the reef. I feel at peace when I surround myself with nature.

Thanks for playing Skye. I feel like I know you better already. 
Sarah's Gift

"Sarah's Gift is the first book of Skye Wieland's Dare to Follow trilogy about a group of friends who find God and themselves in the midst of adventure, danger, and amazing vista. Sarah White, an Aussie horse trainer running away from her past, tries to start a new life at a safari business in South Africa. Elephant culling, strange recurring dreams, and a supernatural encounter lead her to discovering an amazing gift she has. Will she use this gift or remain paralyzed by her traumatizing memories?" synopsis copied from Amazon


Sarah's gift was enjoyable to read. Skye blended quite a lot of technical information into the the storyline - and did it very well. I felt like I travelled to Africa and learnt quite a lot about horses. The Christian themes throughout this story are prevalent and the main driving force.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Mark's Strength, which will be release in March 2013
Support a new author. Books make great gifts. Click on the link below...


I purchased Sara's Gift, Skye's first book Sarah's Gift at a writer's getaway. 


14 comments:

  1. I loved Sarah's Gift. At first I thought I wouldn't be that interested because I am not a "horse" person by it's such a wonderful story I was very quickly engrossed! And Skye is a lovely lady, very genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these questions.
    And I love aquamarine! Such a gorgeous blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourites change depending on my mood too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. coffee and chocolate do it for me too!! nice interview Michelle. it's always nice to know a little bit of personal stuff about an author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate, but not coffee! Guess I'm weird and different as a writer/woman. :) I do LOVE the aqua blue-greens too though. Gorgeous! Thanks for the fun interview, Michelle, and it's nice to meet Skye. Her book sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh sounds like a wonderful story. And as a South African, I can say that rusks are amazing.

    Might even post the best and easiest recipe ever, one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, Michelle. Books make great gifts! Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have to google South African Rusks - that's a new one for me. Nice to meet you, Skye.

    Hi, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great getting to know Skye and her book. I love aquamarine and hot pink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, nice to meet Skye and find out about her book. I never heard of South African Rusks. Now I want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun interview. Skye's answers are very similar to how I would've answered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed my first visit to your blog and Skye sounds like a terrific author. I'm a new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading this! I love chocolate, too. Aquamarine is such a pretty color - it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Skye sounds like a very talented lady! I would love to be able to oil paint.

    Merry Christmas, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....