Monday, October 15, 2012

Love Lifted Me


Love Lifted Me

by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck 
                     ~  a review  ~ 
Jade Benson embraces unexpected motherhood when her husband Max gains custody of his young son. As she and Max work out their newly formed family, an invitation to coach Texas high school football sends them on a journey.

Then a stranger reveals a painful secret, and Jade faces her hardest challenge yet. When she surrenders her heart to God and to her husband, Jade discovers the joy of love lifting her above her fears.
"All my songs tell a story. But this one is special. My first book series is about looking backward while moving forward. It's about chasing dreams, endless country roads, and tender faith." -Sara Evans  ~ Blurb copied from Goodreads 
When I saw this book on the Booksneeze site, a few things intrigued me… Sara and I have the same last name and the Sara is a singer/song writer - I had high expectations.
Love Lifted Me was well written and the story flowed well. The themes of forgiveness and letting the past go were strong and mostly well developed through the book.
I wasn’t expecting the American Football storyline to be quite as involved as it was. Unfortunately, I don’t understand the game and found myself skimming pages at a time when ‘plays’ or ‘positions’  were detailed in technical terms.

Another thread which many readers will love is one of vintage clothing. I’m not into vintage and again, I felt lost in detailed prose.

Despite my getting lost a few times, I did find the ending satisfying. Overall, this was an enjoyable book.  


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion Michelle. Like you, the footy stuff would lose me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into vintage and football either, but it does still sound like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Canadian living in the USA, I still don't get American Football. It's confusing. Otherwise, this sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....