Thursday, October 18, 2012

A walk down the aisle




Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary

We are going to CELEBRATE!!!!

Lunch, walking hand in hand, coffee, shopping, dinner and perhaps even a Downtown Summer Session in Surfers Paradise. I think a visit to Melbas would be perfect! Why? because it's where we first kissed! Hehe

I'm not the centre stage kind of girl (I'm the side of stage kind of deal), but on my wedding day, I took centre stage and loved it. It was my moment. The moment in time where I walked ( a fairly long aisle) to say 'I do' to the man of my dreams.

It was a moment in time that I knew I would never want to forget. So, slowly and purposefully, I enjoyed this song as my three bridesmaids walked ahead of me. I still remember waiting for the crescendo, my moment, my 'yes' moment.

I loved every moment of my wedding day.
this was around 11pm as we were about to leave the reception
And the after party...which went on 'til the early hours of the morning.

And yes, we are blissfully in love fifteen years later ...

My husband is everything I ever dreamed of and more.

Now my hope and prayer is that our four children will find as much (or more) happiness in their future as we have found and will continue to seek as we cherish what we have.

16 comments:

  1. *Choked up*

    This is beautiful.
    Love that song, it always makes me think of you.
    And love that photo!!

    Enjoy your special day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. I hope you have the most amazing day. Congratulations!
    You are an incredible couple xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congatulations dear Micchelle! Beautiful words to remember un unforgetable day. All the best for you and your family from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations sweetie, this is a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!
    Hope your day was magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With such a great example, I am sure your children will find exactly that. Congratulations, Michelle, and may you both have many more years of marital bliss ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely wishes. We had a lovely day... wish everyday could be spent celebrating with my man. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! I love to see couples still every bit as in love as they were when they got married. Congrats to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats & happy aniversary!!! What a lovely way to spend the day :)

    I'm not a centre stage kind of gal either - being the focus on my wedding day caused me so much stress I barely remember more than a moment of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and happy anniversary! Just reading this post made me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good for you!! happy belated anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I hope you had a great anniversary! I love the Corrs. They are a fab band!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Michelle! May you savour many many more sweet years together. Like you, I made my Dad walk r-e-a-l-l-y slowly down the aisle. I wanted to enjoy the moment for as long as possible. And I still love watching our wedding video for that walk to my groom. Ah... sigh... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Happy anniversary. I hope you had a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, happy anniversary!!! What a beautiful wedding day photo. It's so lovely to read about a couple so happy after fifteen years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....