Sunday, August 26, 2012

Real Life Teaches and Inspires

Over the past few weeks I've been questioning many things.


Like, if we read about a bird landing on our porch, 
would it be the same as if we saw it for out own eyes? 


A rainforest is interesting to read about in text, 
it might sound quiet like a creek... 


But to see it in real life... 
sounds a whole lot different. 


Are well living life well? 



And having fun while doing so? 



Can we be a light in the darkness? 


Do your words build up? 


Or do they water down and destroy? 


At times we live life in the wilderness


Overshadowed by beauty and grace. 


This week I've realised how much water inspires me to write. 
I've also seen how real life
is a teacher in itself. 

Learning is in the doing. 

Can I write words that will take people to places 
so they feel they've really been there? 











11 comments:

  1. Great post and very thought provoking. I'm not a writer...as you know. But I'm guilty of living behind the camera and not actually living the photos I'm taking. This weekend, I handed over the camera and put the camera down to join in. It's a different world when you're participating, rather than documenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can - and you just did! :)

    we do have to remember to live in the real world - thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can and you do, Michelle. Your words are always so powerful just like the water that inspires you. Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Michelle. challenging. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writers do aspire to imitate life. We want the reader to feel, smell, and see the places and people in our stories. You've posted some great thoughts and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! I hope my book can inspire something in my readers, although it's not for me to say what it will be. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so wonderful. It's so important to get out there and live a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post. We want our words to inspire and show real life, and it takes so much time. We want to live our lives, yet the writing seems to call us away. It's a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. The pictures and words both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very charming way with words and pictures, Michelle, and it's important for us all to remember to live life to the full and to stop and smell the roses sometimes! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Water also inspires me.

    This is a beautiful, thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....