Monday, April 9, 2012

A Simple Mistake



 By Andrea Grigg

~ An Aussie Review  ~

When teenage sweethearts Nick and Lainey meet again after more than a decade, so much has changed. Nick is now a famous celebrity and Lainey is the girl he left behind. As a member of a highly successful band and with an 
emerging acting career, Nick can have any girl he wants. 
Now he wants Lainey back. 

Despite Nick's promise to keep in touch when he left to seek fame and fortune, Lainey never heard from him. Now that time has passed, she has moved on from what she felt. Or has she? 

After discovering what kept them apart for so long, they tentatively rekindle their past romance. The feelings are just as strong as before but can Lainey accept Nick's lack of faith? And can their new relationship survive Lainey's secret? Blurb from Goodreads  

Seriously, how gorgeous is this cover! I think I'll be contacting this very talented cover designer when my book is ready!

Thoughts while reading…
Have you ever made a simple mistake that unfolded to change your circumstances in a huge way? I can’t say I know of any in my life – but reading this novel did make me wonder.

The Bible speaks of it being unwise to enter a marriage if you and your partner are unequally yoked. This is in the way of our spiritual beliefs. A marriage can be very difficult if both wife and husband don’t have the same spiritual beliefs. Did you think about this topic before you were married? If you aren’t married, does it affect who you date?

My hubby and I did discuss our spiritual beliefs and have grown together. It really has been and is a fabulous journey.

Andrea Grigg hooked me on page 8 and I could not put the book down! Support an author today ... go buy her book! 

A great read by another new Aussie Author in the Inspirational Fiction genre.

2012 Book Challenge

This is not a sponsored review

19 comments:

  1. I love the blurb! This sounds like yet another great read. Don't you ever pick up a bad book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect cover for Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a multi-faith household, and it works beautifully. The key is having respect for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that India. I don't know a whole lot of people who it has worked well for. It's wonderful that you have that respect for each other.
      xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful book for singles and marrieds. I know that I will be only considering live interests who are Christians and share my faith. Can I borrow the book at some stage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful cover! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who believes it is important to be "equally yoked" with your marriage partner, this book sounds like a good fit for me. And yes, the cover is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, that's a topic I thought long and hard on before I married my non-Christian husband. The only reason I didn't walk away (as advised by all my Christian friends) was because he was accepting of my faith and never once tried to sway me otherwise. I did some serious praying, of course. Five years into the marriage, he became a Christian. There was much rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great read. I'm already intrigued and interested in Nick and Lainey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of this book. It's going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good review. Off to go look more into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover and the story sounds very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right - it's a lovely cover. And the story sounds great. My husband and I have very similar spiritual views, which has definitely made things much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting premise. My husband was Jewish, I was a Catholic who had stopped practicing after confirmation. I converted to Judaism. Worked for us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a neat story! At least for Christianity, I know it's crucial to have like faiths. I did think of that before marriage, yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great story. I do love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like another really good read, Michelle! And yes, that cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book is definitely on my MUST HAVE list, especially after reading your review. And Andrea Grigg is an absolutely lovely lady too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi lovely Michelle! Now I know Nick left it a bit too late but I hope he and Lainey will find each other again - but oh what is this secret that could jeopardise all?!?! Blimey!

    Yay!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....