Monday, April 23, 2012

Beyond Resolution


Beyond Resolution

Samara lives a life filled with fear. After being discarded and beaten by her trouble making boyfriend, she takes one easy out after another. Her choices lead her down the road of self-destruction, into the degrading world of stripping and a life spent looking over her shoulder. Until an encounter with a stranger on a Kings Cross Street provides the catalyst for a life changing event that leads her back home.
Resolution is the last place in the world Jed wants to be. One drastic decision has led him to the Island resort and back into strained contact with his brother, Flynn.
From the bright lights of Sydney to the blue waters of Resolution Island, Beyond Resolution is a story that provides a window into the joy of forgiveness, trust and peace. Synopsis copied from ~ Even Before Publishing

After reading Back to Resolution at the end of last year, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Beyond Resolution.

Thoughts while reading…


As I read about Samara at her absolutely rock bottom time in life, the above scripture came to mind. That train of thought led to me to remember that yesterday is in the past, and life is full of possibilities. We must all forgive ourselves, forgive others and step into our future.

There are many references to scripture and prayer throughout Beyond Resolution as the characters work out their faith. Rose has done well not to sound preachy in her writing, instead she has managed an authentic tone in a reality of discovering God.

I loved the second half of Beyond Resolution, but unfortunately, for me, the first half felt a little bogged down in back story and explanations from Back to Resolution. But please don’t let that hold you back from purchasing and reading this book. It is a great read. 





2012 Book Challenge


Disclaimer... I received a copy of Beyond Resolution from Even Before Publishing to read and review. 

15 comments:

  1. Interesting premise. Thanks for the review. I'll have to look more into it when I have a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read too much Christian fiction, but I like that you mentioned that this author wasn't preachy. That in itself makes me want to read this book just to see how it's done!

    Great review, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover--the way the legs blur on one side. That's great the author wasn't preachy; I think that's difficult to do well! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Rose's first book and look forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book. I also come across books in which the second half picks up. Despite the first half's heaviness, they're books still worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Island getaway? Wow!

    This books sounds pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review for what sounds like a good novel, even with the excessive back story and explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, for sticking with the book when it dragged. I have a 100-page rule. If I'm not into it by then, I stop reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Despite what you said about the first half, this story sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice review, Michelle. I don't usually read this kind of thing but it sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! Who's Jed? I was reading the blurb - poor Samara! Then Jed is mentioned and he's the one who goes to Resolution Island! Anyway! I hope these two souls meet and find redemption with each other! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems and interesting story. Greetings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....