Monday, March 12, 2012

Have you ever lived a Conundrum?


Conundrum
Conundrum by CS Lakin


From the beginning this novel is a delicious read. It has literary and psychological aspects. Though not a rapid page turner the story line gripped me all the same. I found myself wanting to reread paragraphs just because they were so eloquent and beautiful.

Thoughts while reading – Does the truth really set you free – or should you leave sleeping dogs lie. I believed before reading, while reading and still believe that the truth with set you free. Although, at times if another person is not ready to hear the truth, that is when you should leave sleeping dogs lie. The truth will set you free when you are ready to hear it.

Miscarriage affects not only the woman who loses her child but also her partner. It is a hard time that needs to be acknowledged and grieved. Here on the Gold Coast, Australia, there is a beautiful organisation called the White Butterfly Project – they care for those who have experienced loss of an unborn child or infant.

Mental illnesses can be misunderstood, and challenging to both the person with the illness and their friends and family.

Sometimes blood ties aren’t enough to keep a family together. It’s so important to support the people in your world who struggle to keep a healthy relationship with their family.
This book has so many facets, but I’ve only touched on a few. I highly recommend this book. It was a joy to read.

Please note - on the Saturday before Mothers day every year, the White Butterfly Project hosts a reflection service on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. 


I received Conundrum to review through the World Literary Cafe to read and review. 

18 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    You have introduced me to some really great books. This one sounds like a meaningful read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read. Thanks for telling us about CONUNDRUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the writing is so eloquent and beautiful that I want to indulge in the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like something special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...mental illness remains a sensitive subject to cover in a novel. It was the focus behind my recent release as well, which was appreciated by some, yet struck too close to home for others.

    This story sounds interesting, thanks.

    El

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. Thanks for sharing. 'Highly recommended' is something I always look for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conundrum. That's pretty much the definition of my life in the last month, but this story sounds awesome! Thanks for reviewing this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That truth question is complicated. I'm a truthful person in general, but I've known a few secrets that I've kept, but have been conflicted about sharing. Conundrum is the right word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds awesome! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've shared secrets that people didn't want to hear, weren't really ready for. I learned the hard way. And some I myself wasn't ready to hear. But I still wanted the truth, and prefer it to something that's not real. Sounds like a deep, thought-provoking book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover. The story sounds really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am hosting a Giveaway for beginning chapter book for ages 7-10.

    I would love it if you could drop by and participate:
    http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/03/lionels-grand-adventure-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle! I have a meme award for you on my blog:
    Artzicarol Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Literary and psychological elements plus eloquent writing? I'm in. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This very much sounds like my kind of book. I believe I had the pleasure of sitting next to C.S. (on the floor) at the last ACFW conference.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an intriguing read. The title is the best part. Anytime I can use the word "conundrum" I do. But the opportunity doesn't present itself often. It's quite a conundrum *snicker*
    Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great title, and it sounds like such an interesting book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....