Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Come Back to Me by Sara Foster


Come Back to Me
~An Aussie Review ~

“When Mark introduces his date, Julia, to Chloe and her husband at a London restaurant, it's obvious that something is very, very wrong. Alex and Julia pretend not to know one another, but the shocked expressions on their faces tell another story. 

As the mystery of Julia's identity unravels, a terrible tragedy from ten years ago gradually comes to light. While Chloe struggles with a secret of her own, Alex has to decide whether he should take Julia back to Australia to try to lay the past to rest, when doing so will risk all he has with the wife he loves. 

And Julia must decide whether to finally confront Alex with the whole truth about what happened back then. 

Set in London and Perth, Come Back to Me is a taut psychological drama that will keep you enthralled until the very last page.” Blurb copied from Goodreads
 


As a writer, an exceedingly good book to me, is when I don’t notice how it’s written, but find myself completely wrapped up in the story. Come Back to Me by Sara Foster was one of those books. I couldn’t put it down and lacked sleep for a few days.

Thoughts while reading…

Communication in relationships means everything. Putting off a difficult conversation allows the problem to fester and grow. Not saying what you really mean can lead to life changing consequences. In Ephesians we read to never let the sun go down on an argument. Not to go to bed angry. In Come Back to Me, we see characters hurting. Many times this pain could have been avoided by making time to have that difficult conversation.

Another thought was how important it is to love the moment because you really don’t know when a crazy catastrophe may change your life forever.

And the third thing that kept coming to mind while reading was the importance of forgiveness. Forgiving yourself and others and letting the past stay in the past. Tomorrow is always new and fresh, even when living with the consequences of tragedy, a new beautiful can be found. 

This was the first of Sara Foster's books I've read. Can't wait to read more.

Reading my way through 2012 with the Australian Women Writers Challenge
2012 Book Challenge

This is not a sponsored review 

15 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Foster's Beneath the Shadows for the challenge - I think this one will have to be added to the list as well. Thanks for sharing your review

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--After reading this I am intrigued by Come Back to Me. Thanks for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment about not noticing how it's written means a lot. I tend to dissect what I read now and that takes the joy out of it. I love to be immersed in a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those books that I can get lost in and forget about the writing. :)

    Thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those kind of books where I stop analysing are both rare and wonderful. I'll have to put this book on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool, your review, and how you thought of communication and Ephesians. :) Important stuff in relationships. Thanks for the run-down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely review. Come Back to Me sounds like a pithy, thought-provoking read, the kind I like best. I love books that resonate afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds a MUST to read.. I have so many at the moment, so will need to put it on my list. I am considering buying a Kindle...then I'll have all the good stories handy for when I can read, like on a plane. Now I want one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I loved your thoughts while reading. This sounds so good! I love it, too, when I don't notice how it's written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like the kind of book I'd like!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic review. Looking forward to getting hold of this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a fascinating book. Thank you so much for sharing about it! I love books that really make me think ... and I love a book that I don't feel like I have to critique. Ugh, being a writer has ruined so many good books for me. *le sigh* But this one sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your thoughtful review. This book sounds interesting and certainly worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a great book. It's sad to think that failed communication can lead to so much trouble both in stories and in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to reading this title for the AWW challenge. I have read Beneath the Shadows (2011) and loved it!

    Jayne @ The Australian Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....