Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Gift to You ~ The Smell of Books


Wishing you a Merry Christmas.... 
And my gift to you...
can-smell

So did you love the gift ?? 
Ok... perhaps not.

Recently at the Word Writers Fair in Brisbane, we passed around 2 books, one traditionally printed and the other digitally printed. The digital version had no smell. I discovered how much I really love that inky smell. The inky smell to me says ... BOOKS... ahhh. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. So how cool are the cans in the pic above? Now we can print books (or not print them and read eBooks) and still have the lovely book smell. This way we can move with technology but enjoy the simple pleasures of the past.

I'm winding down social media again. I have a goal to revise my YA WIP (for those who aren't writers ... Young Adult novel, Work in Progress) by the end of January. I'll be around, but I won't be allowing myself to spend endless hours reading all of the amazing blogs online. You may only see the odd book review posted here over the next month or so... or other stuff if I feel the urge. 

We love celebrating the birth of Jesus at this time of year in our house. 
What is this time of year like for you?
Hope you have a fantastic Christmas.


Disclaimer ~ perhaps the sprays haven't yet been manufactured ... there's still room for you to invent the specific scents

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! And a happy new year! Best of luck with the YA WIP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaa, are those for real? Leave it to technology to take the smell OUT of something, and then put it back in artifically. LOL

    Have fun with your bloggy break, and gets lots done!! Yep, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Merry Christmas to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's worth canning, that's for sure. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wise to take a bit of a break from social media xxx have a lovely Christmas Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So my book-loving kids are wondering if those are real products. Hilarious!

    Happy editing!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the new book and the new car smell. :) Happy editing in January.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your Christmas was wonderful! Good luck with your WIP in January. I haven't yet decided what I'll be doing in January...I think I have way too many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your holiday was/is wonderful! Good luck with your wip - I'll be editing too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....