Friday, December 30, 2011

My best read ~ 2011




A good way to round up my 2011 is with a little book round up...
After reading Rachael John's post about her best read of 2011, I was inspired to write a similar post, but I found it too hard to narrow it down to one. I also didn't want to leave it at my top two, so I've posted my top ten. But even then I found it hard because there's another ten at least that I could have added to this list.

After reading 82 books this year these are my picks for best read...

Coming in at equal first....
Judging Meghan

Judging Meghan by Trudy Adams


The Game

The Game by Amanda Deed    


And then floating together at second...
.. Heidi's October

    
          

Heidi's October by Penelope McCowen


Back to Resolution

Back to Resolution by Rose Dee


Star Jumps

Star Jumps by Lorraine Marwood



Overshadowed
Overshadowed by AJ Butel

Anna and the French Kiss



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins







Dating Delilah: purity from a new perspective
Dating Delilah by Judah Smith

And then at a close third...
Graffiti Moon

Grafitti Moon by Cath Crowley


   The Blackberry Bush by  David Housholder

The Blackberry Bush

Thank-you to all of the authors who've made my year so much more wonderful because I could read these books.

I haven't added links to all of the books, but you can find them on my Goodreads page.

My TBR pile if forever growing. If only I had more time and could read faster!

What was your favourite read in 2011?

17 comments:

  1. My top 10 for 2011.
    Abigails Journey, by Judith Bronte
    Homegrown Dandilions, by Judith Bronte
    Calico Canyon, by Mary Connealy
    The Husband Tree, by Mary Connealy
    The Covering, by Dana Pratola
    The Bride Backfire, by Kelly Eileen Hake
    Courting Trouble, by Deeanne Gist
    The Commanders Desire, by Jeanette Green
    The Red Siren, by MaryLu Tyndall
    A Passion Most Pure, by Julie Lessman

    I've read over 120 books this year, and these are my favourites :)
    Blessings,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Feeling very honoured to take your equal first place. I wish I could do a top ten for the year, but I'm not sure if I've even read that many. Time is too short - too many books... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I haven't read ANY of them! My TBR pile is getting seriously RIDICULOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I have a few of those titles on my book shelf. Will have to get reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorites of 2011 include (and these weren't all released in 2011): Shatter Me, Hex Hall, and He Loves Me He Loves You Not. Wow, that was hard to narrow down to three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read 'Judging Meghan', but I loved 'The Game' as well - good call. Feeling ecstatic to be at number two - first book and all. I also just read Heidi's October and really enjoyed it, so incredible company for 'Back to Resolution'. For us new authors it's hard to get interest in our work, so thank you for taking the time to read mine Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound really good.
    My top 5 are
    The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
    The mercy Falls trilogy Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Steifvater
    Comfort and Joy by Kristin Hannah
    The Devil Colony by James Rollins
    Divergent by Veronica Roth

    Happy New Year Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Michelle, thanks for the good book recommendations. And thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. This looks like a good site, I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There were so many! I was late to the party on some, but I loved MAD LOVE, OCTAVIAN NOTHING, TEXAS GOTHIC, IF I STAY, THE HELP, A NORTHERN LIGHT, THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH... So many great ones!

    Thanks for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to take some notes, because I'm not familiar with all of them.

    My favorite reads were Divergent, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Across the Universe, and Imaginary Girls.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could read faster and had more time for more books, too. But you did well reading 82 novels.

    It's hard to pick my favorites from 2011, but I loved Chime and Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. going by my limited view on my phone, I hafven't read ANY of the books on your top 10 list.

    Stephanie / Read-Write Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna and the French Kiss is the only one I had heard of before today. I'll check the rest out. Thanks! My 2012 TBR list is growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should do this too, I think. I've seen it around on a few blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. your blog looks pretty, sort of like the ocean :) (not just 'cause of your banner either)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great list of suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....