Sunday, November 27, 2011

Heidi's October by Penelope McCowen




~ An Aussie Review ~

Heidi likes to start each month with a list of new resolutions. To her, the annual resolutions made on New Year’s Eve, fall by the wayside too quickly. As Heidi writes her list for October, she had no idea of the bombshell her best friend is about to drop on her or that she will follow with an irreversible, inebriated blunder. After that one slip up, the future plays out the devastation of life changing consequences.
            Heidi runs from the pain and finds herself in deep conversations with an elderly family friend who introduces her to the ways of God. Heidi opens her mind to the possibility that she could be forgiven and get through the tragedy. But facing the ones she hurt seems all too hard.
            Heidi's best friend Annaliese is left burdened and isolates herself. Their relationship seems doomed because of an intoxicated mistake.
            Penelope McCowen's style of writing is easy to read and this story compels you to turn the page. I was in tears and laughter from very early in the novel and the high level of attachment to the characters didn't dissipate at any stage.
            Heidi's October is a charming Christian Fiction novel with romantic elements.   

Disclaimer - I purchased this book after seeing Penelope speak at the Word Writers Fair, Brisbane. It was a WOW book for me, so I felt compelled to review

6 comments:

  1. I bought it at the Word Writer's Fair too but haven't read it yet - I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a terrific read - thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this sounds like a wonderful book! Looks like another one to add to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a powerful novel. Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a wonderful book! I need to get it on my TBR list, so my husband can surprise me with it for Christmas! Glad you shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Christian romance is my fav! Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....