Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PiBoIdMo 2011



It's on again! And it's sign up week!

Are you filled with ideas but never seem to quite get them all down?

The challenge is to write down a picture book idea each day in the month of November. It doesn't have to be a complete picture book, it's just an idea. It could be a word, a phrase or the whole text.

Pop on over to Writing for Kids While Raising Them and say hi to Tara Lazar the brains behind this amazing adventure.

PiBoIdMo tips...

1. Get out!
I find so much inspiration while out and about. Ideas come from my kids and other kids. Public areas and noises that I hear.

2. Not every day.
Some days you may find you are filled with ideas I think the most I came up with on one day last year was 6. If ideas are flowing one day it allows you to take days off when other commitments require your time.

3. Jot it down.
Pop your ideas straight into your iPhone, iPad, other electronic device or go retro and write them into a notebook while you're out of the house. Some ideas are lost forever if not written down straight away.

4. Enjoy life.
Laugh a lot, sing more than you have in a while, play the craziest game you own. Release those happy endorphins to help you be more creative.

Are you game to join in? 

10 comments:

  1. Laughing at your 'go retro' comment :) Great tips, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These wonderful tips sound like they would work for middle grade and YA novels, too. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already had an idea for a picture book, and wrote two based around it... but i dont know how to go about getting them published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great PiBoldMo tips....could be used for all sorts of creative activities. I'm going to take them on board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I'm impressed. I have a hard enough time thinking up one idea for a PB let along one a day for 30 days. I don't thin k PBs are my forte. Best of luck with PiBoldMo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific post! And I love your banner image of your family on the beach. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tips. I'm all for anything that gets me out more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this last year and it was so fun! Thanks for tweeting it. I would have missed it otherwise. :) I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're joining in..I can feel your enthusiasm for writing coming through the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool idea :) I don't write picture books, but I LOVE to read them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....