Thursday, September 8, 2011

Outback from Baragula by Mary Hawkins


  ~ An Aussie Review ~

As the title suggests this novel is set in outback Australia, where the land is rugged and the properties are huge.


Twins, John and Jillian have taken over the farm management. Jillian’s secret love interest, Steve, turns up when she least expects him. Jillian pushes away her feelings for Steve because she has reason to be concerned with the whereabouts of her brother. Jillian and Steve are forced to spend time together while they camp out on the property. After finding John, both Jillian and Steve are challenged by their dreams for the perfect partner while danger surrounds them.

Outback from Baragula is the second book in the Baragula Trilogy. I read Return to Baragula earlier this year and jumped at the chance to enter a competition on Mary’s blog to win Outback from Baragula. And yippee... I won a copy!! This novel is filled with adventure, suspense and romance. Now I need to get my hands on the third in the series, Justice at Baragula.

Outback from Baragula takes the reader on a journey of self discovery of faith, pride and forgiveness. While reading, I was reminded how young love can easily sway judgement. I myself fell for someone whose beliefs were vastly different to mine. I am thankful that relationship ended so I was free to find my husband. Our general spiritual and moral beliefs were on the same page and we have grown together in our faith.

Mary Hawkins is a highly acclaimed author with more than 800,000 books in print.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Might keep an eye out for the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your interest in my blog, Michelle, and for this great review! Every reader is always delighted to know a reader has enjoyed her books.
    Sarah, you may find it difficult to obtain a copy of Book One, Return to Baragula, at shops for a while. I have been assured by Ark House Press they will let me know if they decide not to do more print runs but I know some shops have been waiting for ages for their orders. So sorry. If you too cannot get a copy from Light the Dark or anywhere, I do have copies I can sell. Details on my website www.mary-hawkins.com - also have PayPal available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great story - thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mary Hawkins! She's a real encourager and I was blessed to be at her book launch in Melbourne earlier this year. We have a wonderful, fast growing community of Aussie writers gathering momentum right now and it's a real thrill to see this happen!
    Blessings
    Dotti :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great, thought-provoking and page-turning book. Excellent characters balanced by an interesting plot. Mary sent me the final book in the series and it's on my 'first to read' pile when I finish reading and writing reports for the unpublished manuscript pile I still have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all so supportive and encouraging, and right when I am really needing that to motivate me to finish this current manuscript!

    Also noticed Koorong does have limited number of Return to Baragula avilable at last!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....