Friday, September 2, 2011

Meditating in the Valley


Success is a journey of surrender and increase, abandonment and acceleration  ~  A J Butel

~ This post is filled with Christian thoughts and Biblical scriptures ~

The choice is yours to read or bypass





In our fast food society, the pain and endurance of the wait can be excruciating. I am in a valley, you may have read my blog post last week. During times of darkness in the journey, I cry out to God. 

Hear my prayer, O LORD,
         And let my cry come to You.
Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble;
         Incline Your ear to me;
         In the day that I call, answer me speedily. 
Psalms 102:1-2



I write because I love to write. When I’m writing I feel alive. I’m still writing and enjoying it, yet lately I’ve feel completely wrung out. 


Though the fig tree does not bud
   and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
   and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
   and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
   I will be joyful in God my Saviour.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
   he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
   he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:17-19



I have cried out and heard nothing, until last few days. I have sensed that this is a time of patience, a time of endurance. 

Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’
“ If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday. Isaiah 58:9-10 

I have been reminded why I write. 

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility
consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:3-11

Writing is an act of worship to the Lord of my life. 



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Michelle. Revelation from the heart of God is so refreshing. Be blessed sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Michelle. Whenever you feel down about writing, you need to reflect on why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post--and I just read your last one as well. I think it's important to think about why we write; so much of this is the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience, valleys in writing originate from something other than my current experience with writing. There is a deeper reason, pulling on me like a strong undertow.

    God is faithful to show me what it is -- if I will be still and patient and wait for the revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you, Michelle.
    I love that Philippians 2:3-11 passage. I have to read it often to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're doing the best thing to help through and out of that valley. We understand. We all go through them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those kinds of reminders! We all need them every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. choosing to read and rejoice ...

    Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

    Splashin',
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. All creativity--from writing to art to gardening--is a way of saying thank you for being entrusted with the gift of our life and the ability to, hopefully, inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God has really gifted you Michelle, and I pray that you will continue to use your gifts to his glory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I echo what everyone else has commented--such a beautiful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen. Thanks for the Habakkuk verse - it is what I needed to read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....