Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Donkey's First Christmas



~ a review ~ 


The Donkey’s First Christmas is and enjoyable picture book. It tells the Christmas story from a humorous angle – the donkey’s point of view. The donkey is a little reluctant, possibly even a little too lazy to help out a very persistent man who travelled with a lady who had a big bump.
The story is told in a way that is obvious to only seasoned Christmas attendees, that the people who need the donkey are in fact, Joseph and Mary. Because this is about the donkey, and the obvious isn’t stated, it leaves plenty of room for questions and conversation with little ones.  
I received a draft version in ebook format from the BookCrash to review. My older children read the story and found the font a little hard to read and my four year old lost interest with the amount of white picture-less pages.(Unfortunately some of the pictures didn't load onto my iPad) I have to admit, the font wasn’t attractive for me or my husband to read either. Yes, all six of us read it.
Even with our slight criticism, Mr 11, Miss 9 and Miss 8 all enjoyed the story. I would recommend taking a look at the print version as many picture books lose their lustre in ebook form. 


Disclosure of Material: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s CFR Title 16, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a pretty cute angle on the story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....