Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today to rest while others rush

Today


I didn’t feel like doing the dishes

So they still sit in the sink

I didn’t feel like folding the clothes

So they are waiting on the line

I didn’t feel like cooking dinner

Take a way will do

I didn’t feel like checking books

My in tray over flows



Today

My kids finished school early

And spent the day with Dad

I sat and cuddled Miss 3

And read her loads of books

I found an online conference

And listen while they streamed live

I wrote, rewrote and tweaked

Submitted and entered comps

I enjoyed a glass of red

While we all enjoyed a pizza

11 comments:

  1. So important to take time to rest! Love this poem. We had a very similar day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So glad you had a restful day. I only wish I could do it more often without the guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a brilliant way to remind us all to stop beating ourselves up when we need some time just to...be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking I need to take one of those days very soon. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's me tomorrow, you've inspired me. And you've reminded me about the bits of washing I left on the line because they weren't dry - oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true...I have days like this...a lot!

    And oh boy, our twin cousins do look alike. I thought that was my Miss3 for a minute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blissful day! I hope you have many more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perspective. Is. Everything.

    Good work, you. Bet nobody died because the dishes weren't done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending this post to my mom, who will nominate you for sainthood!

    P.S. I've left a response to your comment on Laura Barnes' blog, http://laurabwriter.blogspot.com/2011/08/saturday-savvy-sensation-michelle.html.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....