Friday, August 19, 2011

Overflowing ~ Write On Con ~ Unplugged



Oh My Goodness!!!


I am full!

Write on Con (the free online conference for writers) this year was jam packed, loaded up and overflowing with information and inspiration.

With so much to absorb into my brain, I hoped sleep would allow me to continue… I woke up this morning ready to catch-up and join in on the final day … and found myself overloaded… brain fried. The good thing is, all the forums and links are still up and I can catch up on the last day in a week or so.

What I learnt from Write on Con this year… never give up – I am a writer – I love being a writer – I will write whether I am published or not. I found some areas that I need to fine tune. I learnt more about the agent/editing/publishing process. And I felt like I met a bunch of amazing people.

I got Ninja’d … an undercover agent commented on my query letter and tore it apart (ouch) .. so I rewrote it and a peer tore it apart (ouch) so I rewrote it and another peer gave me the thumbs up (phew). I know I need to stretch so I can learn and improve on my craft – all the feedback I received was fantastic.

And for the overload factor…

I need to unplug, and get off line for a couple of days.

My WIP is calling me and with such an overloaded mind – I need to take this stored energy and inflect it into my writing .. not tweeting or facebooking or commenting on blogs… all of which I love and will return to soon.

What do you have calling you… to push you to turn off, unplug or adjust old habits?



11 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to hit the WriteOnCon posts! I'm so glad they keep it up so people can tune in whenever the time is right. It's fabulous, really.

    Yay for you, participating in the Ninja Agent forum! Very brave of you! It sounds like you learned a ton!

    Enjoy your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking the posts out next week. Have a productive few days and recharge your batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Write On Con.

    Harsh critiques are... well... harsh. Glad you got a thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt exactly the same way after WOC. I still haven't had a time to take a break though. Good for you for taking one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe....love the unplugged pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a productive time of processing and writing! See you when you get back.
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting Ninjaed followed by a thumbs up. Just reading about someone else's writing enthusiasm is highly motivating to me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WriteOnCon was a blast! It was good meeting you there. I'm feeling that same overflow right alongside you. Thanks for following me.

    I gave you a shout-out on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the WriteOnCon recap! I haven't been there to catch up yet.

    I work at my kids' school, so I'm heading back to work now, too. It's going to take a LOT of readjustments to get everything figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check out the WriteOnCon posts. Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been curious and love reading what people have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WriteOnCon was brilliant. My query got ripped apart too. It's worth it in the end, though. Queries are NOT my forte.
    And, like you said, it's important not to give up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....