Monday, July 25, 2011

Best Forgotten by Paula Vince

Best Forgotten

An Aussie Book Review

This is the forth book I’ve read by Paula Vince. Her style of story telling is relaxed and enjoyable.

The blurb…
Courtney survives an accident but he suffers from complete amnesia. When he is released from hospital, he meets his mother, sister and girl friend. His girl friend mysteriously insists they get to know each other again. Courtney then goes on to reconcile relationships that seemed doomed before his accident. His memory comes back in a flurry and he subsequently has the choice of who he will be, the Courtney before the accident or the person he’d become during the week of his amnesia. The outworking of his self discovering brings a compelling read.

Thoughts….
Best Forgotten has mystery, action, faith and suspense with a touch of romance. This book sends the reader into their own mind, to question family relationships and if there is need for restoration. The younger reader would acquire insight into consequential actions. There is also the journey of faith and fate weaved throughout this novel.

Charming and delightful! I would highly recommend this one.

Category…
Contemporary Inspirational Fiction

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle, not least for reading all four of those contemporary dramas. That takes a lot of support :)
    Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh wow! I'm not drawn to that much Contemporary fiction, but this is something I can see myself reading! The cover is intriguing for a start :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for the review of Best Forgotten.
    I'll keep an eye out for this author and her books :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a great book. Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really interesting, and I'm fascinated by stories about amnesia. If you enjoyed this one, you might also like WHAT ALICE FORGOT by Liane Moriarty -- similar themes, and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could write reviews as beautifully in as many words as you do!

    I’m glad to be a new follower and have left a response to your comment on Bird’s-eye View at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/07/getting-blog-comments-to-work-for-you.html.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review!! This reminds me of the movie Regarding Henry, with Harrison Ford in it. Nice theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the premise of the book. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....