Thursday, July 14, 2011

African Hearts by Laura O'Connell

An Aussie Review


The blurb…

Gina Messina jumps on a plane to leave Australia after she hears news that her brother in Africa is critically ill. She meets Dr Kam Bonsu and they have an instant attraction. Their hearts are both bound by past love and loss and neither can see how they can have a worthwhile relationship spanning the continents. Then add Gina’s eight year old nephew into the mix and a whole lot of romance … and … you have African Hearts.

The journey …
Laura takes the reader on a journey of love, loss, responsibility, grief, hope and peace. The reader has a chance to think about their own religious beliefs and the condition of their heart.

The landscape…
The majority of this story is set in Africa and Laura has described the country in beautiful prose. I was reminded of my desire to travel to Africa one day and see all of the animals in their natural habitat.

This novel falls into the Inspirational/Christian Romance genre. Romance wouldn’t be romance without silky hair, beating hearts and racing pulses.

African Hearts is available from all good Christian Book stores in Australia or Light The Dark

8 comments:

  1. Sounds very romantic....unfortunately(?), I've never been into romance novels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to review African Hearts, Michelle. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is slightly off topic but that's just the way my brain works. (I haven't had all my coffee yet this morning.) I have a friend Laura who just went to Africa. Now more to the topic, I do enjoy a good romance every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read African Hearts and it's wonderful. Congratulations on a fabulous debut book, Laura. The first of many I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book seems to be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the book review! I used to read romance novels in college. My mom threw a few my way a year or so ago; some were okay and some were pretty bad. LOL Anyway, it's nice to get one where you can learn and "experience" another country like Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Laura on my blog this week.
    I love the look of the book and love your review.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....