Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Judging Meghan by Trudy Adams

~ An Aussie Review ~
Meghan is the middle child with four siblings. Her family faces shocking circumstances, where they have to move and travel to find work on the road. Judging Meghan gives a very descriptive look at life in Australia through the depression years of 1931-1932. Meghan sees the world as black and white, right or wrong. She faces loss of friendship, a moment where death stares her in the face and an altercation with the law. The discovery of forgiveness and her true value allows her to stand up for justice.

This novel allows the reader to look at friendships, the ones that work and the ones that hurt. Also, something many of us struggle with for many different reasons, forgiveness. What is it and who is forgiveness really for? Another attribute is the insight into family, what holds your family together and what makes families fall apart?

This book stands alongside Anne of Green Gables, Pollyanna and What Katie Did. Judging Meghan is classic and wholesome in nature but written for today’s reader. This is absolute joy to read with every page urging you to read on.

Judging Meghan has become one of my all time favourite reads.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for more of Trudy’s books on the shelf.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm going to look it up. Reminds me of the Grapes of Wrath for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was set in a really interesting time period of Australian history, around the time my parents were born. I like to see difficult phases of time not being wasted but making it into fiction instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this book...thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am so excited I found your web site, I really found you by
    mistake, while I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would
    just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all
    at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read more,
    Please do keep up the great job.
    my webpage > education

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....