Monday, June 13, 2011

The Blackberry Bush by David Housholder

I won this book through first reads over at Goodreads.

This story follows the story of a boy and a girl born on the same day. They are connected by generational history and both move continents and struggle with much through their journey.

Both Josh and Kati have fascinating stories. As the characters unfold across the pages, we come to a fast pace climax where their paths cross and their destinies are changed forever.

Because this story has a long back story, spanning generations, I found the beginning a little confusing. But as the story continued, all I wanted was more. I wanted to know more of their family history. I wanted to know more but in the end I was satisfied with an enjoyable read.

This is a moving story that will have you laughing and crying. I’ll leave you with a beautiful quote from the novel…

"It takes a crown of thorns and a truly good heart to destroy the wounding thorns of life" ~ David Housholder, The Blackberry Bush

11 comments:

  1. "But does it have a happy ending?" is always my first question. I like the cover and your description sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have a GORGEOUS cover! I'm always wary of books that span a long time, because I tend to want to root myself in the seconds and minutes and hours of events, but every so often one comes along that works for me anyway. I'll have to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting book ...haven't heard of this one. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting read... and wow, what a gorgeous cover!

    Thanks for the review, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plot sounds intriguing. I may check it out. Very nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this novel but the review sounds great. I may check it out. I've been reading all YA a change may be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great quote. And I'm with everyone else--the cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a good sign when a book leaves you wanting more!

    Btw, I usually read you through google reader - hadn't noticed the change in your design - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does it have a lot of romance? I love romance.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula... It has a very satisfying ending .. unpredictable... loved the ending.
    Beth... There is an element of romance - but I wouldn't put this one in the romance genre

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....