Friday, March 25, 2011

ITCHY!!!

My first fresh Friday Flash fiction for a while.
My soul seriously sings when I write something new… but no promises… I did write this one quickly.




ITCHY!!!
‘Itchy, itchy, itchy!’ Lila scratched, nearly drawing blood.
‘Itchy?’ Noelene asked.
‘Yes!’ Lila screamed.
‘I know it’s annoying, but if you’ll just wait a few minutes longer, we should have the problem solved.’
‘I. T. C. H. Y. !!!’
Noelene walked closer, quieting her voice. ‘It’s obvious you really can’t put up with it any longer. We are aware of it, and if you can just take a seat, we’ll have it all sorted in a few minutes.’
‘Can someone stop it? Please?’ she sat, slapping every inch of her body, seeking the area for a solution.
‘How are you going John?’ Noelene asked.
‘Nearly done, last one almost ready,’ he replied.
‘What is taking so long?’ Lila clawed her fingernails through her hair. John walked away, and was now out of her vision. ‘Where’s he gone?’
‘Lila, relax. He’ll be back in a minute.’
‘Oh! Itchy, itchy, itchy!’
Noelene paced the floor while Lila continued to scratch.
John returned within minutes. ‘Some lotion for your bites, and the citronella candles and mosquito coils should keep those nasty biting creatures away while we eat dinner.’







14 comments:

  1. Great story! Of course now I feel itchy! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need some Tea Tree Oil for those bites xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm with Sam. Itchy! Nasty little creatures, those mosquitos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Lila, I feel for her :( Darn mosquitoes are the pesky part of summer ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! I can relate - the mosquitos always seem to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I became itchy just reading this piece! Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That so made me itchy too. Summer good, mosquitoes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe fun read...made me feel itchy too

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can one not scratch after all that. Clever set up; I was waiting for a hospital/psych ward/serial killer, but the most irritating thing in the world is far more scary.
    Adam B @revhappiness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up ... though I'm itchy now :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! It's almost like you grew up dealing with mozzie attacks during our long Aussie summers. Nothing like hearing one droning around the bedroom getting ready to dive bomb you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you write so nicely...I'm feeling kind of itchy now too! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome... you can almost feel the bugs biting you as you read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....