Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I can see clearer...

When I was in stretched state last week I blogged about being time poor. Your friendly responses encouraged me, Thank you.

There was one comment that spoke directly to my core. One comment that helped me to see clearer.
"Michelle I know exactly how you feel! I know that different seasons require a pulling back in other areas, but I always call those seasons a drawing near. It is in these times that i feel God is drawing me near to Him, and He wants to teach me something. So I usually have to give up the thing I love for a season and find 'myself' in the midst of the chaos through hearing His sweet voice.... at these times it seems that I am not moving forward and feel like my feet are stuck in cement, but when I emerge from these season I run faster than I could pre-season, because of what He has done in me. Be patient my darling, you will emerge with this with a renewed strength and able to write far more effectively than ever!! xx" Captivating Fi
I have come to a stage in my life where I have cut out everything that isn’t a priority. Everything I do in my life would have a #1 priority listing status. I could never put an assessment due before my children’s schooling. And I could never say that anything is ever more important than finding time for my husband. But cleaning… well the house could do with a little more effort.. but that one does come down the list.

I’ve cut out TV. I’ve cut right back with using social media. I limit my time reading and writing blog posts. I don’t go shopping. I get my groceries delivered. I don’t go out for coffee, or dinner or anything unless it’s planned and has a reason attached to it.

But in 10 years time I won’t be centring every move I make around my children. Right now, I choose to enjoy my children. I choose to love this season I’m in. Which means I get to do some of things I really want to do, but other things have to wait – possibly not 10 years … but at least four months – until I have finished my certificate IV.

I’ve decided to put my WIP, my novel, on hold. I was hoping to have it ready by April/May to apply for a mentorship program in June. But there will be other mentorship programs.


When life is full, sometimes you have to decide what to let go of, to fit more in. Have you ever had to let go of something to allow room for more in your life?



13 comments:

  1. You know me, I'm never busy.
    But is sounds like you've made the perfect decision...for now.

    And LOOK at those gorgeous kids! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to the same crossroad in ,y life and have to make a similar decision. More about me and getting my life on track to where i want to be. My boys look after themselves and my wife is very happy with her lot, so it is time for me to set my agenda for the next phase of my life.

    Thanks for your post Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I stepped down from some things recently. People didn't understand. But you have to do what you feel is right and I love the idea of seasons in our life. That's always been a comfort to me.
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this must have been a difficult decision, but you're wise to do what you need to do in order to "be there" for your family during this busy season. I admire those moms who can write. I don't know how they do it. I didn't start writing until our daughter was in high school and my hands-on parent volunteer days were waning.

    I wish you well as you follow your heart and trust that when the time is right for you to return to your WIP the Lord will reveal that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Michelle.

    I've too cut back on social media. I remember the days when I was on Twitter SO much, that if I didn't pop in for a day, some of my followers would worry about me. Which was nice, but a clear indication I was on there waaaay too often! Now, I doubt anyone would notice. Ha ha...

    I think I'm actually blogging a little more, but I'm more efficient about it, and I hardly watch *any* tv. However, I'm not trying to kill myself reading other's blogs every day. I get to them when I can and when I see them pop up on FB and Twitter (when I'm on there)! I'd love to read them all every day, but just can't.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sister of mine is so wise isn't she? I am so glad that her words spoke to your core. I have learned a lot from Captivating Fi about seasons and stretching.

    I watch you Michelle and I am inspired by your passion and dedication to your children, your husband, your writing and to others and I am inspired. You are amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to you on your choices. When all's right with family, with husband and children and home, all's right everywhere else too. We have to tend to what matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices Michelle, I've had to cut back too. Can't get on here the same now I have a puppy to take outside and the kids are only young once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was an encouraging word! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    I had to let go of my yearly garden, which I love, when I started writing. It was weeds in the onions or weeds on the page--I didn't have time for both. I just do tomatoes now, not a full garden.

    You are a wise lady. Your kids will thank you for it.

    Yes, if you win the book drawing on my blog, I will send to Aus. Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the right choice. You can always change your mind later :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It can be so hard to balance everything. You'll never regret time spent with your kids. :) Cute pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous children! I've had to make a decision to spend less time blogging. I'm having a tough time sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a plan! I would LOVE to get my groceries delivered!!! It isn't an option down here but that would be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....