Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Secret Place

Friday Flash Fiction


My place, secret, dear and quiet, is down by the creek. It would be obvious to some. Completely missed by others. It’s the most beautiful place I know. Fresh and green. Lush and warm. Nobody walks past, no noise can be heard. Just the trickle of fresh icy water running down from the mountain. Hidden under then dense, overhanging, canopy of trees. Birds sing to create majestical music. Sun poised high, the canopy filters its glow.
I sit, I read, I dream, I think. It’s my place. My secret place. Calm. Peaceful. Isolated



Do you have a happy place in your mind?
Somewhere or something you can imagine that helps you to relax or be inspired?

Even without leaving your home?

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, and amazing photo!

    My happy place would be on a rocky beach, in Sicily or not necessarily; watching the white foamy waves crashing into the rocks near my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My secret place is very similar to yours: a brook surrounded by moss softened banks and lovely birch trees whose leaves dance in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your secret place. I wish I had somwhere like that near me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I relate to this beautiful spot, Michelle. Calm, cool, the splashing water. All good for the spiriti and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we need isolation. Heck, I've need it all night just to produce the next 1,500 words of this novel I'm working on. If you dream of birds chirping over a canopy, I hope you get it. The photo looks like a lovely hiding place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we have similar secret places. There is nothing like the beauty of nature to bring out the best in us and tap into ourselves. On a side note, did you mean nobody or no body?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of your secret place, a combination of fresh air, thinking space, and the sounds of nature, are a mixture very hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! My secret place would be a tree from my back yard when I was a kid - it was a fabulous place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little beach on the New England coastline that I've been going to all my life does it for me ... There's just something about the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous. My secret place is, well, secret ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My secret place is a cottage... I can't tell you more, it's secret ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....