Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kids created Nativity

Christmas Craft…


From the not so crafty mum



Last year I was so inspired by Squigglemum's toilet roll nativity that we made this one.

We only made it a week before Christmas so I’m getting organized early this year.

Today I plan to pull out saved toilet rolls and paper rolls, bits and pieces of fabric, ribbon, paper and string and let the kids go for it.

Last year after Christmas, the nativity scene we had made became a great activity for the children to play with and re-tell the Christmas story in their own words.

This year with our youngest now 3 it’s probably safe to bring out our ceramic nativity set, but I really enjoyed having the kiddy made one last year so we will proudly display both.


I’d love to see your nativities, please send me links.

6 comments:

  1. oh thats so cute! i went and watched a Nativity yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is gorgeous!! I love that the kids can play with the loo-roll-characters without any fear of breaking or ruining them. We just pulled ours from last year out today too, and my daughter has already decided what we need to add to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! They look so great. We did these last year. SO fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....