Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hot Tip for PiBoIdMo

As I mentioned lasted week, this November I’m participated in both NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) and PiBoIdMo (picture book idea month).

You can find my quick tip for those out there entering the journey of NaNoWriMo HERE

This week I thought I’d pass on a tip on a great way to fill your mind with picture book ideas. I confess. It’s not my own tip. I’ve heard it many times. So the super fantastically wonderful tip is….

GET OUT!

Yep. The ideas that pop into your head when you are out and about just may be the most fruitful and unique and perhaps the very idea that pops and wows the agent or publisher.

I’m loving this challenge of finding 30 picture book ideas in 30 days. I’m also looking forward to finding some time in December to tease these new ideas out and write some classic best selling picture books.

7 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm and totally agree that the best way to be inspired is to go and experience everything you can! Thanks Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the month thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tweet made me suspicious:

    An endless supply of inspiration... michelledevans.blogspot.com/2010/11/hot-
    ti…

    and I almost didn't come visit... Thought it was a hyphenated 'hottie' - but then I figured you were such a nice girl, it had to be okay...

    HOT TIP! HOT TIP!

    Yes. Get out. And chop vegetables. And shower. At random moments, inspiration strikes - often when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and don't ignore the family, I got a corker of an idea from my 5 yr old and my hubby last night, awesome stuff. I think Matthew could do PiBoldMo on his own next year lol.

    Love your blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NaNoWriMo and PiBoldMo, goodness, I'm impressed. Good luck with both and I think that getting out is excellent advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. I'm out of here. Got to go get ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Michele,
    Ideas come at the strangest times.
    One a day...Hmmm you'll get there. Huz

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....