Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sometimes you fall apart, and sometimes you laugh

So when everyone is calling for your attention,
including the washing,
and the dishes,
and the cleaning
and you spill some milk...
well a lot of milk
choose not to cry...
wipe it up....
discover that the floor is really dirty...
continue to wash the floor
and the cupboards...
everyone is still calling for your attention...
speak a kind word to buy time
feed yourself ...
because breakfast was forgotten...
then one by one ...
attend to everyone
and everything
that is calling for your attention...
then cheer...
celebrate
because sometimes you fall apart...
and sometimes you cope...
sometimes days run smoothly
and sometimes you laugh.

A couple of days ago, I didn’t cope, didn’t have a good attitude and didn’t laugh. Thankful that today is different. Even after I opened yet another rejection letter!

How is your day going?

Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12


Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don't use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don't stay angry. Ephesians 4:26


A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, really looking forward to catching up in January. I haven't told you but Sasha (my soon to be wife) is also a writer. She is looking forward to meeting you. Sending you love hugs and blessings. Shane T

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great quotes , thanks for sharing them and the thoughts behind them.
    I hope you find more laughter in all things and have plenty of cloths to wipe the milk !
    Though a good eye wash sometimes does wonders for the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear, I've had days exactly like this. Where everything seems like it'll be the thing that kills you. *hugs* Feel free to vent to me anytime. I've SO BEEN THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,it sounds like my house!! You do just have to laugh don't you, but I forget to laugh until afterward..I'm working on this one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much truth in those words. Thank goodness we are all in this together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Through a hard time you've written a really great poem. I got a rejection yesterday too, but probably not the same. Hope the rest of the year is relaxing for you before you send that baby out again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....