Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Neglected!

Hello overly neglected blog.


Warning… this post does not contain joyful, happy or motivating content.

You see in the past two weeks I have said goodbye to an uncle and a Grandma.

I have been to two funerals and seen a lot of family I rarely see. I didn’t feel like talking much by the second funeral.

I was asked to read some prayers at my uncle’s funeral. That was hard.

I agreed to do a reading at my Grandma’s funeral. That was harder.

When we lose someone who is young, I find that we are sad because of all the life they miss out on.

When we lose someone who has lived a long life, I find that we are sad because of all the memories we have of all the things they have done and who they have been.

Both of my relatives were unwell. My uncle outlived expectations by 40 years. My Grandma survived many illnesses until cancer took life her at 85.

I didn’t write for over a week. I guess I had a case of writer’s block. But I’m back to it now.

Although I’m back into writing, it is a strain, and I don’t think I’ll be back to regular blogging for a few more weeks.

I have children to home educate, the bookwork for our business is needing attention and somehow I must keep my house in a manageable state.

Grief is an interesting time. Different for everyone. Taking most of my energy. But won’t last forever. It is a time to lean on God.



Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)


Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]

5 comments:

  1. I'm completely drained too.
    I thought you were a little quiet yesterday. You did so well, reading at both.
    I'm not ready to blog for a bit either.
    Too much, altogether. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a time to lean on God. May He be your strength. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your losses, Michelle. It must be an incredibly difficult time for you. Please take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a very sad time for you all. I'm glad that you have comfort in our saviour.
    Love to you,
    Narelle
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....