Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo Eve

So today is NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo eve. Today I relax… go to church… enjoy lunch in a local club with friends. Today I try not to think of all the things I should be doing that I won’t have time to do from the 1st November through to the 30th November.

Today, I am extremely excited!!! I first participated in NaNo last year. It was a challenge. Spinning out 50000 words over 30 days … but I did it, and I loved it. And I’m happy with the novel I produced.

I have plotted, planned and created characters. I’m as ready as I can be to join the race. I’m a sprinter. I tend to give myself 10 minutes and I write like mad, then attend to the kids, dishes, and everything else.  I love Dr Wicked’s Write or Die online tool for sprinting.

This year will be a little different. I’ve decided to whip up 30 Picture Book ideas as well. There’s a bunch of others out there doing both NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo as well, I’m not alone in my craziness. I’m telling myself, ‘Seriously, it’ll be easy. My life inspires me with 100s of ideas daily… it’s the kids … and the stuff we do. I’ll come up with 30 easy, no problemo’ … and then I laugh at myself.

This is when I tell you that hubby and I are taking off for a week in November. Bahahaha NO!!!!! I can’t go a whole week without writing in NOVEMBER. Thankfully ... My darling hubby has given me his consent to pack the laptop.

NaNoWriMo & PiBoIdMo eve… a moment to pause… selah… breathe… because tomorrow, and every day during November, I’ll be writing like crazy every spare moment I have.


Tell me your experience with these kind of challenges…

4 comments:

  1. Have fun with it all, Michelle - and maybe go a little crazy, too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing it again this year. Last year I was so close but gave up because i had a new grandson that consumed me. No excuses this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. You are doing both AND going on VACATION??? Now that's a challenge! Good luck and have fun this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat... think I was already crazy...

    Nessa... hope you do get to 50000 words

    Tara ... vacation means no kids... so there's a stack more time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....