Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Inspired and compelled .. I cannot be apathetic.

“The most marginalised and wounded people in Africa are women. Left abandoned or widowed, many of them HIV+, they are destitute fearing that their children will soon join the ranks of Africa’s countless orphans.”


Women maimed and mutilated. Scarred and wounded for life.

Can I change the world? Not the way in which I’d love to change things.

Can I make a difference in one person’s life? Yes, I hope so.

Auctions for Dignity and Hope.

Inspired by Project 18 I have a vision for a bi-monthly online auction, set up on facebox. The proceeds from the auction will go to the Watoto Living Hope program.

My hope is to see a least one woman’s face reconstructed and her dignity restored. To understand more about why reconstruction is required - please watch this video

You can help too. Because I need loads and loads of help to make this work.

Please go to the Auctions for Dignity and Hope page and ‘like’ it. Promote it to your facebook friends. Watch out for the auction dates and go on a bidding frenzy. I don’t want to start the first auction until I have 500 ‘likers’. So I’ll be needing lots of help to find that many people.


If you have a product or service that you would like to donate for this cause, please email me.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be knitting/sewing/making things for you!
    And I'm off to Facebook to tell all my friends to LIKE LIKE LIKE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Lauren read the quote correctly.
    I'm glad you removed it Michelle.
    Why people make comments that clearly are unhelpful is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....