Monday, August 16, 2010

I write = I'm absent

Last year I attempted to write a novel in 30 days. Some of you may be aware of NaNoWriMo. It’s when thousands of crazy writers all over the world, write 50000 words in the month of November. I did it. And I was happy with the story I wrote.


I have been very absent from bloggyland over the past few weeks. I miss reading blogs ever-so-much. But my dream is to have books published. To achieve that, I need to let go of some enjoyable yet time consuming things.

I have been re-writing and editing my NaNo novel. My hope is to have it in the final proofing stages before November, because I want to do NaNoWriMo again this year.

I will return bloggyland, and I know many of my favourite bloggers will still be here when I pop in and out. I miss you all so much.

But I write, because I must write.

Cradle Fables recently put this on facebook… "You must want to enough. Enough to take all the rejections, enough to pay the price of disappointment and discouragement while you are learning. Like any other artist you must learn your craft - then you can add all the genius you like." - Phyllis A. Whitney, former Mystery Writers of America Grand Master

10 comments:

  1. I signed up to do it this November too. I know what you mean. I have a book festering around inside of me and it's time to write, but ... it means giving up lots of other things. But as Phyllis says - You must want it enough. I do. As do you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best in this venture. I think the same thing is happening to quite a few bloggers -- other commitments are taking them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are missed but you have to finish your book before you can come out to play! :) That really is the most important thing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeeeez, this pains me. I'm so jealous of everyone else writing books. I keep thinking one day I'll have more time, but it seems something else will always be more important. As much as I want, I just can't justify.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle it is hard to fit every thing in but writing if it is your dream can't be stopped. The book must be written and can only be written by you.

    I love your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get you Michelle. My writing, apart from blogging, has gone out the window since my blog has taken off. It's hard to find the balance sometimes. Good on you for following your passion. I'm proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quote. And what an exciting day it will be to read my sister's book!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, I feel your pain. I, too, am trolling the blogosphere when I should be writing!!

    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you Michelle. It's great that you're so focused on what you really want to achieve. Best of luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep at it! I am currently doing the rewrite on my 2006 NaNo.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....