Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Book Review : Everyone Communicates Few Connect

‘Everyone Communicates Few Connect’     by John C. Maxwell.
I chose to read this book because I would love to learn how to not only communicate, but to really connect with people on a deeper level. I was hoping to find some new skills in this book.


John C. Maxwell used social media to enhance this book. He would post a chapter at a time on a blog and advertise through Twitter, asking for feedback. The faces of the people who did give feedback or suggestions have been included on the cover of the book.

At the end of each chapter Maxwell includes how you can connect – one on one, in a group and to an audience, using the skills just leant in that chapter. The book is split into two parts: Connecting Principles and Connecting Practices. I really didn’t read anything new or innovative, just re-hashed ideas presented in John C. Maxwell’s style.

This is the second Maxwell book I have read. I find he uses a lot of American political and sporting stories which would appeal to the average person but I had to push myself to get to the end. To me the book isn’t great, although I’m sure many would get a lot out of it.

I recieved this book for free to review from the Book Sneeze; Thomas Nelson

4 comments:

  1. I have not read anything by him. Now I have to go look and see who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a John Maxwell book about 10 years ago and I never finished it! It didn't keep my interest. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one, Michelle. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....