Saturday, July 24, 2010

Who Is It?

Friday Flash Fiction
Written using the WAG #31 Prompt

You sit there high and mighty, staring me down. Then float on over where we meet face to face. Those beady eyes make me feel like meat. It makes me wonder, do you have anything else on your mind? All that stands between us now is a pane of glass. The narrow ledge you stand on is a balancing act for most but you seem to have mastered it in your travels. Standing firm on two feet, lifting your shoulders to comfort yourself, yes, I’ve had my eye on you for a while. You’ve soared across the lawn to get close. I watch you as you sit, knocking on that glass. If you tap on it one more time I tell you, I’ll smash it. Your freedom excites me, your energy attracts me. All I want is to hear you laugh. All I want is to understand your happiness. So instead of talking and trying to work you out, I’ll try to speak your language, ‘Koo-Koo-Koo-Kah-Kaa-Kook-ahhh.’

10 comments:

  1. There's a bird who comes around in the afternoon and makes noises that sounds like uh-uh. It makes me laugh because it seems like it's telling me not to do what I was doing! ;)

    Nice bit of flash, and you did it using 2nd person POV, which is usually harder to do well.

    Though you had no problem with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Michelle, birds are interesting creatures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man all the clues were there and I missed them!

    Really nice imaginative piece.

    Marc Nash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much fun, everything just bounces and flows right to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea, Michelle--at first, he seemed like a guy working a pickup play. Much more fun that he's a bird, an annoying one at that.

    Skillful use of 2nd Person. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful flash, the style I've gotten accustomed to from you. Please drop by my blog -- there's a little something there for you. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the airy feel to this. a wonderful and easygoing matter-of-factness...

    nice and breezy, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kookaburras. This is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Really well written and interesting xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....