Meet my lovely sister Thea from Do I really Wanna Blog. This is the second time I've had her on my blog as a guest. As you can see above... I only manage one blog... so I am fascinated with how she manages 12 !!!
Recently, I announced on Twitter that I now have 12 blogs.
I know that makes me sound a little crazy. Who has 12 blogs?
Then I removed myself from an old weight loss tracking blog that I was invited to join and then I stopped posting on, because I wasn't losing weight....hmph!
Oh well, so now I officially have 11 blogs.
A few of my tweeps laughed and asked why so many and/or how do I keep so many when a lot of people struggle updating just one?
So, I'm here to tell you how I do it!
In a couple of weeks, it will be only one year ago that I discovered blogging.
After I joined Twitter I started to click on the links of my tweep/bloggers and discovered so many wonderful blogs.
I really enjoyed reading them. They'd make me laugh, cry and nod my head.
I was in awe of these everyday people and how well they could write.
I wished I could write like that.
Then I bravely started a blog of my own and discovered I loved blogging.
Well, that's pretty obvious, huh?
1. I started with my main blog, 'Do I Really Wanna Blog?' in July last year.
2. Then a month later I started 'My Recipe Blog-Book' so I could keep all of my favourite recipes in the one place.
3. In September I started 'Sew I Love To Make Things' for an online collection of my sewing and craft work.
4. And I started 'Fat to Fit in 46 Days??' which was how long it was to my 41st birthday. It came and went and I wasn't fit, so I forgot about that one. (My first unused blog, but it's still there just in case I find some motivation from somewhere to start it up again.)
5. AND I also started 'Life & Times' where I record our special family events with words and photos. I send links to these posts to extended family.
6. Then, in October, two days after my birthday I began an anonymous blog, rewriting my own personal diary from 25 years ago. Readers lost interest and so did I so that's my second unused blog, but again it's still there if I decide to pick it up again.
7. In December, I decided to transfer our travel diary and photos from our honeymoon in Europe in 2002 onto a travel blog. I'm planning to have this one printed into a book.
8. In January I had a brainwave and decided to donate $5 each week to a different charity. Regular large donations are out of our league but I still always want to donate every time I see a special day or a charity advertising on TV. I decided to forego the magazines I used to buy every week and donate that amount instead. By logging it on 'My Year of Giving' I was also hoping to raise awareness and maybe even encourage other people to do the same.
9. In February I was inspired by my five year old boy to start another blog called '? ? Question Time ? ?' He asks so many questions. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are difficult. When my two year old starts asking questions, she can join the fun.
10. & 11. My final two blogs I began yesterday. I've been recording all the cute and clever things my kids say and do for a couple of years. I've always planned to print them as books to give to my children eventually. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier, but it's much easier to update in blog format than ordinary old 'Word documents'. So they have a blog each called 'Cute & Clever Things X Says & Does'.
There you have it.
I've realized that I love to keep records and document life.
And that I spend way too much time on the computer.