I saw this over at Thea's blog, Do I really Wanna Blog? and she said we could pinch it, so I am because I like it!
Here is a list of Aussie things. The ones I have done are bold.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person. (I love the kookookookookooaburra)
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Seen a koala.
4. Visited Melbourne.
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm.
6. Worn a pair of thongs. (on my feet)
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer’s Rock)
8. Visited Cape York.
9. Held a snake. ( not a chance!)
10. Sang along with Khe San.
11. Drank VB. (probably not a whole can - but I have tasted it)
12. Visited Sydney.
13. Have seen a shark. (at Seaworld count?)
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation. (Bloody oath)
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian.
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach.
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. (I've climbed a pylon... that counts hey?)
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down.
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson’s. (What?)
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus.
21. Been to Sydney’s Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing.
23. Taken a sickie. (shhhhh)
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football.
25. Have seen wild camels.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Done a Tim Tam Slam. (You can do it with KitKats too, it's not as good but)
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne.
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Held a wombat.
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more.
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person. (I've been to Adelaide - and I saw part of it when I went there)
34. Had a really bad sunburn. (I still remember how it feels to peel large patches of skin off, yikes!)
35. Visited an Aboriginal community.
36. Seen a redback spider.
37. Have watched Paul Hogan. (Struth, who hasn't?)
38. Seen Blue Poles in person.
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback.
40. Eaten Vegemite. (yuck!)
41. Thrown a boomerang.
42. Seen the Kimberleys.
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift.
44. Been to Perth.
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters.
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo.
47. Seen dinosaur footprints. (in a museum)
48. Eaten Tim Tams.
49. Been to Darwin.
50. Touched a kangaroo.
51. Visited the Great Barrier Reef.
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson. (unfortunately - yes)
53. Killed a Cane Toad. (not i... but I have watched - out of the corner of my eye)
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors.
56. Visited Adelaide.
57. Know the story behind “Eternity”. (I don't even know the story in front of it??)
58. Been camping. (not planning to go agian!)
59. Visited Brisbane. (Lived there, love it!)
60. Been in an outback pub.
61. Know what the term “Waltzing Matilda” actually means.
62. Gone whale watching. (Please, don't remind me)
63. Listened to Slim Dusty. (Unfortunately)
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series. (including Wiggles and High 5 ?)
65. Sang along to Down Under.
66. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
67. Eaten a 4′n’20 pie.
68. Surfed at Bondi. (but I've been to Bondi)
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day.
70. Visited Hobart.
71. Eaten kangaroo.
72. Seen a quokka.
73. Visited Canberra.
74. Visited rainforests.
75. Used a Victa lawnmower.
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide.
77. Used a Hills hoist. (and swung aroung on it!)
78. Visited Kata Tjuta (we called them the Olgas when I visited)
79. Used native Australian plants in cooking.
80. Visited the snow. (never seen snow)
81. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford. (How embarrassment, we were a Ford family, yet my first car was a Gemini!) (that was my sister's comment... ditto)
82. Visited the desert.
83. Been water skiing.
84. Read The Phantom.
85. Visited Parliament House. (oh so boring!!!)
86. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting. (only played spot light with other kids)
87. Crossed the Nullarbor.
88. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles.
89. Listened to AC/DC. (not by choice but they're hard to avoid in pubs!)
90. Called someone a dag.
91. Voted in a Federal Election.
92. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags.
93. Had a possum in your roof. (OMG, how loud are they??)
94. Visited the outback.
95. Travelled over corrugated roads. (I really want to type that sound you make when you're driving on these roads but I don't know what letters to use)
96. Hit a kangaroo while driving. (my brother was driving and it wasn't in the outback!)
97. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage.
98. Seen an emu.
99. Have woken to the smell of bushfires.
100. Patted a pure-bred dingo.(at the big pineapple)
101. Seen the Oils live.
Now it’s your turn, what Aussie things have you done?