Friday, July 16, 2010

83

Friday Flash Fiction
WAG challenge #30 prompt 'Broken'
NaNoWriMo random number challenge - my number came up 83 - this story has 83 words.


I seem to have lost my hat. I know it was on the hat stand by the door until the stand fell over and was broken. No, it didn’t fall, it was knocked over by Pa. He came through the door in a stumbling rush. At 83, you’d think he’d slow up on the grog, but no, drunker than I’d ever seen him last night. Now my hat has vanished, Pa is hung over and our hat stand may as well be tossed.

16 comments:

  1. Hey! I love concise, and this wee story is perfetto. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Pa puked in it, then threw it away to hide the evidence.

    Tight work, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great characters in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitelyl a lot going on here in 83 words, which is no easy task! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story for 83 words. Cool idea.
    ~2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - so funny, but poignant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What short and fun read, yet telling so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short and fun. I like the rambling gait of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Pa, 83 years old and he still has enough life in him to stumble home, drunk, and knock over a hat stand.

    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done. Love that Pa is 83 too. Just an excellent short short.
    ~jon

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....