Thursday, June 24, 2010

The same beat that once was doom is now life…

A thought came to me recently while I was at my church. My church plays loud music. I stood there thinking about how much I love the sound of the drum and the bass guitar. I love loud music. To me there is a perfect level of loudness, it’s when you can feel the beat go through your body but not leave a ringing in your ears. I love it.

I stood in a moment with my creator, worshipping His greatness. Feeling the drum solo pound through my body, standing in the wonder and awe of the goodness God brings into my life daily. Then I was taken back to a moment in my youth. I have always loved loud music. In my teenage years when I was filled with dark depression, there were times when I'd turn my music up as loud as it would go and lie with the speakers near my ears, hoping the pounding beat would take away my pain and brokenness.

At one stage of my life I couldn't see past the doom, I thought my time was over and now I hear that pounding beat and feel the joy of life, from God, knowing He is hope in every situation and joy in every day.

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Michelle.

    xx

    P.S
    Your word verification is Hymn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what God takes us through and the light on the other side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing the many ways God uses to draw us into worship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing post. Just beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see that the drumbeat is something so completely different for you now, Michelle...

    Inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is! (hope in every situation and joy in everyday). Love it. I'm so glad God brought you to see that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....