Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Finished!!!!!!

I'm finished, I'm done, it's completed!
Six years ago I enrolled in a four year comprehensive writing course, life happened and I had to apply for a two year extension. Last week I sent in my final assignment and while away on holidays, it landed in my email in box. Final assignment accepted, course completed – certificate to arrive soon.

Have you ever taken longer than the given time to complete a course?

I'm over the moon, thrilled, completely delighted that I've finally finished. It was a fantastic course. Six years ago, I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to write, I just knew I love writing and hoped to write a novel one day. I quickly learnt that my articles and non fiction writing sounded like 'blah blah blah' and my fiction work developed rapidly through what I learnt.

I am now a published writer, with three short stories in paper print and one to be published later this year. I look forward with anticipation for my work to make its way into Australian Book Stores.

So with that, I'm off to write!

ps The story of my writing course journey was published on page 4 in the Lifestyle Learning Direct June newsletter

17 comments:

  1. A big congratulations to you. Marvelous.

    You should celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be the best feeing!!! You must be so proud of yourself. Congratulations on all your publishing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!
    I can't wait to see you on the book store shelves, how exciting will that be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know ALL about taking longer than the time you're supposed to have in order to get a degree (I'm still working on mine!). A big congratulations to you--for finishing and for all the writing you've shared and published!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you. I have never studied writing other than required courses in Comp. 1 as a freshman in college. I write articles, too, and also want to develop my fiction. You give me inspiration. I belong to a professional writers group made up of published authors of various genres. They are relentless in editing my work, for which I am grateful. I have a long way to go, though. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and congratulations Michelle!! Awesome news :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent 6 years on a 4 year college degree. Sometimes, life just gets in the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    I love to celebrate - thank you for sharing a moment with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I love that feeling! Celebrate the Good Times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is just fantastic, Michelle!

    Looking forward to seeing it in my local Dymocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Michelle on all your accomplishments! You're a wonderful writer, I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT!
    i am happy you got it at long last!

    Now go out and celebrate!
    ;)
    HUgs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....