Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today of all days!

Over the past 5 years or so, I have had the odd vertigo spell. It doesn’t last long, thankfully the spinning stops within a minute. The worst part is the following 24 hours - I’m pretty much wiped out, drained of all energy, shaky and nauseous.

Last night I had one. It was the worst and longest one that I’ve had. I pray that this is the last one I ever have. I had cake mix ready to go into the pan but I could no longer stand, I had to go straight to bed. I was very thankful for my hubby who followed my instructions and the cake and cup cakes are baked.

Today has been full on our calendar for weeks. Today is my little girl’s 7th birthday. We had a church breakfast, our boy’s first game of AFL, 2 girls start new gymnastics, my sister visiting, and then the walk I’ve been promoting for the last month for Teen Challenge.

We missed the breakfast knowing we’d cut it too fine with footy starting. Hubby took Mr 9 to footy and I’m here with the girls.

I dragged myself out of bed to get breakfast for Miss 2, as much as I’d love to go back to bed I have one child asking for something every 10 to 15 minutes.

Jokingly on facebook I commented that I’d love a maid, but the truth is I wish I did have someone I could call on today. We are giving our girl a party tomorrow – at our house. It’s not tidy, I have cakes to ice and the washing baskets are overflowing.

I am planning to walk with my very pregnant friend this afternoon in the “Live Free Walk’ for Teen Challenge, so I guess the two of us will take the 5kms at a slow pace and my hubby will be contactable on mobile if either of us need to be picked up along the way. 5 kilometres didn’t seem too far yesterday but this morning it does sound like a long way.

Its days like today that I wonder how people live with chronic pain and constant illnesses.

PS It's now Saturday night, it was great to have my sister drop around, I went to the wrong place so I missed the start of the walk. I found that if I walked a slow pace I felt OK - if I stopped I started feeling nauseous and if I walked too fast it was no good. I got to the end and started feeling really sick so I back tracked which meant I would have walked the 5 kms even though I missed the start LOL. I decided it was better to keep walking to where my family was rather than to sit with everyone feeling sick until hubby arrived to pick me up. Praising God for helping me through today.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle... I can sooo relate! I have issues with vertigo myself. It is an awful, awful feeling! I'll be praying for you. Trust that a ministering angel finds her way to your house in the form of a maid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I really hope you get better quickly. I get vertigo with heights or if I have a head cold, but luckily it doesn't affect me the way it doew you. I know you have the party tomorrow but please rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I hope you get some sweet rest soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending healthy hugs your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon.
    And I hope the party isn't too stressful. Try to take it easy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes - the after-effects sound pretty miserable. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I get those spells sometimes to...I really don't like it and it always happens at the most inopportune times.

    Our stormy season consists of severe weather. We get tornadoes which I am deathly afraid of. Great test of my faith I guess.

    We have our stormy season April thru June and then again in September thru October. Doesn't happen everyday but when rain comes we keep our eyes peeled!

    Tornadoes form when you have cold air mingling with warm air up in the atmosphere. Sudden changes in temperature make these things develop super quick.

    Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely been there! Sorry Michelle; it's not a nice place to be. I really hope you are feeling better. You know, if I lived closer I would have poped round and given you a hand. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....