Friday, April 2, 2010

Drift

Friday Flash Fiction (based on a true story)

There is that point in time. While you lay down to sleep. When you stop thinking. Its before dreaming but after wakefulness. It’s when amazing things happen. It’s … the drift.

 
It’s when your mind is allowed to think nothing. It’s when you can allow the Holy Spirit to minister to your soul. It’s when God reminds you that what He has done is good. The drift is the time that you hear the voice of the spirit saying ‘It was all for you.’ As you lie there and drift you hear again ‘You have been washed clean.’ And there you are, drifting, somewhere in time between being awake and asleep.

It’s a slight moment, some would liken it to a blink of an eye. That is all the time that is needed to hear God tell you, ‘You are deeply loved.’ And you drift again and hear, ‘I scarified Jesus so you could live free.’ You are nearly brought back from the drift with the awesome sounds but you choose to relax and bask in His glory. ‘Your sins have been forgiven, forgotten, removed. You start new, you start whole. Live from a position of victory,’ and the drift is over and you surrender to sleep.

In the morning you wake up fresh and new knowing that God has restored you, as you vaguely remember the drift.





17 comments:

  1. The drift is an awesome concept. I love it. It was great I met you face to face. Your blog is very honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured perfectly a concept that I'd never thought about...until you mentioned it. Thank you for making me think about something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could release into the drift, but my brain won't let me go with all the details of the day left unattended, plus writing undone. I need to believe more.

    Thanks for your lovely tale.

    marc nash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! I am so glad that the 'drift' can be felt at other times during the day too when our spirit really listens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really good name for that in between time. I like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That in-between time is a most enticing feeling, isn't it.

    How wonderful that you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this happens to me! Although I must say, with varying results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, a reminder of the moments of peace in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautifully written. Love the whole concept of your title.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jesus

    Kelly
    beafunmum

    ReplyDelete
  11. How utter beautiful to think of nothing, to have your mind and body still. I love this...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice - the drift is a very special place - well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the poetic feel of this post. Has a nice rhythm to it.
    I wish I could drift to sleep that easily though... :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was beautiful!
    I gave you an award over at my blog, hope your Easter was colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you enjoyed my little story - I look forward to 'The Drift' every night.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments....